Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Dave IS the man , Nobody takes care of his customers better than Dave , but I'm biased , as he's my friend and dealer. I was at his shop today and he told me about the new motor coming to you , i wasn't surprised at all. He stepped up and took care of things , unfortunately it does take a few days to get things out of Spain , but you will be Rockin the Nambo again soon !!

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve

Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 PM

Just another fine reason why I love this brand. There is nothing more comforting than having a company that stands behind their product like that. Great dealer, great distributor, and great OEM. Oh yeah......and a great bike. What more can one ask for?

One of the many reasons I choose not to ride a pumpkin anymore!

'06 EC 300
Old 09-18-2010, 03:49 AM

yup, dave is the man for sure, ive never had a dealer/distributor ever go out of there way for anything(and ive bought alot of bikes!). once a dealership has your money they dont want anything to do with you let along follow you threw the process of a repair. it really is nice to know that there is a distributor/dealer/brand that really takes care of there customers. it will all come back around to, as there are many people that ride with me looking at a gasser instead of there long time KTM because of such service!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 PM

Maybe Dave can get me a new motor for my 06. the same exact thing happened to me the impeller shaft sheared off at the pin and blew a hole into the bottom of the inner clutch cover.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:19 PM

that sucks man, is the case damaged? or is it just the water pump assembly and inner clutch cover?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
you nailed it aflica, i took the cover off today and the water pump had completely exploded sending chards of metal throughout the case as well as plastic from the gear(thats tore in 2). the insert were the shaft goes is severely scored and bearings are everywhere, heres some pics
This scares me a bit as I have on my mind,for some time now, to buy a GasGas. Nambo-trev, what guaranties do you have this won't happen again in the future ? Is there anything we could do to prevent this ?
I know of a similar case here in Portugal but it happened to a 2010 Sixdays 250.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:09 AM

Nambo- I did get some markings on the case but I think it can be salvaged. Luckily it blew a hole in the inner clutch cover which let almost all the parts out of the motor.

I'm not sure of this but for a while I had been able to smell anti-freeze. I kept checking the level and it was fine but could still smell it and even other people I was riding with commented. I don't know if it's an indicator of the problem but thought I would throw it out there.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 AM

Looking at this logically it could be from one of three things:

1)The shaft could be faulty (brittle/weak) in the thin area of the pin where its pressed in

2)A bearing could have failed causing excess load on the shaft across the pin as its driven by the gear through this point. Then its a pissing contest between the plastic gear teeth and the shaft.

3)Debri in the trans/primary lodged between the primary pinion and the waterpump gear, placing a tremendous side load on the weakest part of the shaft.

Tough to analyze once it all goes to hell with a case full of fragments. Did you have any coolant in the oil when you smelled it? Maybe pump seal, bearing, shaft failure mode. Just a thought.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:11 PM

Nope, no mixing of the oil and water.

I would say the bearing in the crank case failed at the end of the shaft or the shaft snapped and wrecked the bearing
Old 10-13-2010, 04:33 PM

sounds identical to what happened to me. did the bike take a slight lay down on the right side before all this happened or did it just let go?