Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
I seen that original article before. Looked for a DOMA pipe in the USA and couldn't find any TOP END pipe for the 01 in the USA...perhaps I was just looking in the wrong spots.
Post a question in the engine section, surely someone can recommend a good top end pipe.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
ITs not all that difficult. You'll need a good selection of base gskts, get two of each thickness they'r cheap. Remove cylinder add extra gskts to raise cylinder untill exhaust port is allmost completly open @ b.d.c, Measure squish as per RBD , you'll need play dough as there is no solder that is thick enough. With those specs in place send the head to Ron for correction. I personaly would keep the squish between 1.75-1.9 mm, the reason for this is , if you find the power to peaky you can allways remove a gskt without exceeding the pump gas compression requirments. May as well have him do your carb while your at it. Good Luck and hang on.
That's great, thanks. So there isn't an issue with using multiple gaskets instead of a spacer or something? Do you need to use some gasket sealer or yamalube in between each layer?

I take it I remove the cylinder, add more gaskets, tighten it back down and with the pipe removed look to see that I can't view the piston at bdc (the top of the piston should be just below the port)? Will this make extremely peaky? Or should the piston be 1mm above the bottom of the port as a compromise????

Last edited by krazy; 04-01-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

If you handle the gaskets very carfully after determining the correct combination you can use permatex copper spray gskt and coat all sides before restacking for final assembly. just make sure you give them at least an hour to dry before handling.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
Post a question in the engine section, surely someone can recommend a good top end pipe.
Stock pipes can be modified for top end power. Not really practical but for somebody who really wants to do it.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Was looking for a fairly cost effective solution.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
It should be noted that i would'nt hurt to retard the timing for more over rev, Blitzy allmost certainly knows the cdi function @ what rpm is full advance, so you could use a timing light. My feeling is that for static timing, 0 mm btdc would be ok.
I didn't know you could adjust the timing of the cdi boxes. I'm guessing a timing in between the original ec300 and black cdi box would be a good compromise for better top end with good mid range?

Could you just advance the timing of the stock cdi? I take it I need to retard the timing of the black cdi unit. Are the only differences between the boxes the timing advance?

For anyone else wanting to read up on CDI - http://www.vespamaintenance.com/elec/cdiwork/
Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

With the stock box, you can only change the static timing. If you change the static timing by one degree, you change the entire timing map by 1 degree.

blitz
Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 PM

Wait for the "Blitz Box".

What do you think Craig? Has a good ring to it!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

It does have a nice ring to it. You might have a future in marketing if your engineering gig doesn't work out!

I finished the Rev 0.0 circuit board design tonight (I have to check it tomorrow when I am fresh). Before I send it off, I need to wirewrap one and have it running in the bike to convince myself that it works. Then finalize connectors. That's my plan for this week. Well, that and making sure my USB to RS232 cable works like it should.

I am not a circuit board guy at all, so this has been a bit of a learning curve. I tested a few PCB/Schematic design tools, and found one which is OK. (But still not great.) I'm better at having people do this for me, but we're not at work, so.....

If the breadboard works well, i might redesign to go surface mount, and have someone populate the boards for me. Time will tell.

I am done with the First Robotics deal and mentoring the 8'th grader, so perhaps this will become more expeditious.

blitz