Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

one all????

Old 09-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Back on topic...

I have ridden with Mike and he is very, very fast and has a aggressive riding style. Squares off corners and gasses hard, etc. He has the ability to do it due to his excellent physical condition - but, I think, now that he is getting a little older - he needs to smooth things out and loosen up.

One thing that can force smooth riding is to practice on a grass track and time yourself to get a feeling for your "real speed". You can "feel fast" but not be fast.

And one thing about the gasgas power delivery is that, when set up properly, it has smooth and linear power that gets all the power to ground and you can go faster with less effort.

jeff
Old 12-27-2010, 10:23 PM

Another great read.
Cheers around the world to all the Gasers and cheers to the mederator who got this thread back from being hijacked!
Cramping and muscle fatigue is a big issue for all of us.

This comes from the "relatively"old guy returning to the sport after a couple decades of absence.

"We all know where we finished.....do you remember where you started?"
So thanks for the ideas, the links and the knowlege that we are all the same
Old 12-28-2010, 01:57 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
been using endurolites from hammer nutrition and and havent had any cramping since ive been using them. they also take any cramping away instantly. got a few guys also using them with great results
I use the same stuff, in a capsule form and have not cramped yet, I take one pill the morning before a heavy rider...light rides I just use plane water.

I am weary of taking a lot of supplements and any added salt at my age...a triathlete friend was taking all sorts of stuff...and I mean bags of different colored pills.
He just went thru some major kidney stone removal sessions and his doctor attributed to the high salt intake as well as the other stuff he was taking...and not enough daily hydrating.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:55 AM

I know guys like this too, jugs of powder, bags of pills, etc. So much of this stuff is produced in unregulated facilities with questionable QC. Do you really know for sure what your taking? This scares me considering we are living in the day where some snot nose kid MBA can look like a hero by sourcing bogus materials from China to save a buck. I had a dog killed by food produced with contaminated Chineese wheat gluten. Think about it.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I know guys like this too, jugs of powder, bags of pills, etc. So much of this stuff is produced in unregulated facilities with questionable QC. Do you really know for sure what your taking? This scares me considering we are living in the day where some snot nose kid MBA can look like a hero by sourcing bogus materials from China to save a buck. I had a dog killed by food produced with contaminated Chineese wheat gluten. Think about it.
Good point !
I read pickle juice is good for preventing cramping, or getting rid of them.