Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:36 AM

I "think" the 12's will be at the dealers in late Feb.. The 12's were delayed due to a re-design with the air filter type/location. They will be called the 2012's just a little later than they planed. Better late and right than on time and not so right. I really feel they will be worth the wait.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post

Top: New linkage
Center: Rear number plate removed.
Bottom: One bolt holds rear number plates on. Two tabs on each plate go into bodywork. to hold front of number plate on. Very clean!
With those hollow bolts in the linkage & swingarm, it looks like it should be easy to install some grease fittings for easier maintenance.....
Old 01-29-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beejay3 View Post
With those hollow bolts in the linkage & swingarm, it looks like it should be easy to install some grease fittings for easier maintenance.....
Good thought, as long as the seals are retained very well. My experience from installing grease fittings in the earlier design linkage assembly has been unfortunately counterproductive because with the seals' light friction-fit (if you replaced the std o-rings with aftermarket lip seals such as the All-Balls/No-Quality kit), the seals get hydraulically forced out of their bores when you apply the grease gun no matter how gently, what a letdown. The simple old style o-ring seals, held in place by thin steel washers that ride on the bushing O.D., might have a better chance of working with grease fittings?

The good news here though is the new design linkage looks to be more-easily serviceable than the old design linkage which has the rocker bolted to the frame: Looks like you can remove the forward bolt much more simply and easily since it's out in the open. Maybe this will encourage us to service it more often (even just a partial service of the bearing with the hardest job on the bottom of the shock) and therefore get better life out of the assembly.

Caint wait to hear from those lucky soles who finally get their dirty paws on the grips of the 2012s!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:57 PM

It doesn't get any more maintenance free than the current system with o-rings. Seasonal service has been the norm for me with no problems. IMO, o-rings are better than seals in this application. They seal much tighter. Much more stiction, but at the forces involved its a non-issue. The GG system with o-rings is actually more maintenance free than a KTM PDS when you consider the spherical bearing on the lower shock mount.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Clay,

Prior year skid plate fitment may be no problem with some simple adapter plates that span the frame tabs. The only issue then will be actual coverage of the frame. Will Gofasters get a bike soon? I'd like to see a Hyde combo at least temporarily fit to the bike, no problem for me fabing a mount system as the Hyde mounts suck anyway. For alloy stuff, Scorpion is working on it now.

Oh, and that steering head dia.?

Thanks.
steering head diameter is 2.44 inches.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxfan69 View Post
So does the key I saw hanging off the bars have to stay in the bike while riding or is it just for turning lights on/off.

And the biggest question, what is the latest real time eta for dealers to have 2012's?????
The key is for the steering head lock.
The 300 kick starts should be in our warehouse next week if US Customs is timely. 300 E starts about 30 days later and 250s 30 days after that.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxfan69 View Post
Ok, it's a security feature, I like that.

Now, back to the other question (i can barely contain myself) "When are they going to be at dealers?????????"

You know, now that they are this long into the new year will the 13's only be 6 to 8 months away or is this the new begining of a model year actually coming out in the same actual year that it is dated?
Not really sure what the question was in the 2nd paragraph but the '13 should be here in October.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
It doesn't get any more maintenance free than the current system with o-rings. Seasonal service has been the norm for me with no problems. IMO, o-rings are better than seals in this application. They seal much tighter. Much more stiction, but at the forces involved its a non-issue. The GG system with o-rings is actually more maintenance free than a KTM PDS when you consider the spherical bearing on the lower shock mount.
I agree with Glenn. I was surprised how well the o-ring system kept greas in and dirt out. It works well.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
steering head diameter is 2.44 inches.
Clay,

Thank you. So thats 62mm, NeilE reported measuring his 2011 Six Days at 59mm. So it is bigger, maybe back to what the pre "B" tube frames were. I'll have to measure my '07 tonight.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
The key is for the steering head lock.
The 300 kick starts should be in our warehouse next week if US Customs is timely. 300 E starts about 30 days later and 250s 30 days after that.
So 250's not until sometime in April?