Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Default Sensor Values?

Is there a posted 4 Stroke service manual that shows the measured values for each of the ECU sensors? I thought I read a post sometime back that said what each of the sensors should read when measured with a meter.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:38 AM

Default Water Temp Sensor

Finally got the 450 back from the dealer but he didn't fix anything. Little interest and no support from GoFasters. At least he didn't make it worse.

Tested with Techno reasearch VDT tool. First message: Water Temp Sensor: Open Circut/Short Circut to Battery - Battery Volt: Open Circut/Short Circut to Battery.

What reading should I get with a meter from the Water temp sensor?
Where does the sensor wire connect to the ECU, Pin Number?

Trying to isolate wether it's the wire or the sensor.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:50 AM

I would say you have a wiring problem. I posted links to the sensor pdfs on this site a while back, if you do a search they should come up.
The water temp sensor is on pin 4 ECU and the other end is on sensor ground pin 22 ECU. The resistance of the water temp sensor is 3k ohms at 25 deg C nominally and has a negative coefficient (resistance decreases with temp)
The battery volts are read off the switched input to the ECU on pin 26 which is the switch 12v line from the ignition switch.
My guess is the codes are a grounding issue to the ECU. It must be intermittent otherwise it shouldn't run.
You don't state in your post if it runs and what the dealer did to it
Hope that helps