Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:41 PM

Default Trail tech troubles

my 300 eats trail techs. the last one did not last through a twenty mile ride. the cases split and cracked in a few places and the unit stopped working. I'm thinking the vibs must be tough on it but it looks like the headlight unit and throttle cable might have been beating on it also. its mount to the top clamp where it is suppose to go. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just my bike. any ideas other than a real enduro computer??? I'd like an odo for turkey runs and enduros.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I hope they replaced it. My old lynx died during the Rhody Enduro one year and Trail Tech replaced it with a new Vector.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:50 PM

BTW my Vector has been going strong for several years now.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 PM

I've had a Vapor on my 300 and 450 quad for over a year without any problem.
I made my own mounts and used 3 rubber washers as stand offs.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I use a CATEYE bicycle speedo. It works off the standard GasGas pickup.
It has speed, distance, time moving, av. speed,clock etc., just no rev counter.
I have it mounted on top of the steering stem, under the bars. It's about an inch square and weighs nothing. Has it's own internal battery.
Only down side is it's hard to read the speed when you are riding off road - doesn't worry me.
I'm at work so got no pics.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
my 300 eats trail techs. the last one did not last through a twenty mile ride. the cases split and cracked in a few places and the unit stopped working. I'm thinking the vibs must be tough on it but it looks like the headlight unit and throttle cable might have been beating on it also. its mount to the top clamp where it is suppose to go. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just my bike. any ideas other than a real enduro computer??? I'd like an odo for turkey runs and enduros.
Were you using the billet protector?
One thing I do know is they don't like heavy humidity or getting soaked...as in rain.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 AM

The Vapor is the stocker on 09 and up , and i think they were also on later 08's.
I have a Vapor on my 09 and trust me about this , it gets wet from rain a lot around here in the Pacific Northwest and washing the bike too. when the battery died in my stock Acewell on my 06 i replaced it with a Vapor , and it is still running strong. No Billet protectors on either bike . I ride with 4 other guys all with Trailtech Vapors or Endurance , and all are running great. My throttle cable has been rubbing a corner of mine since day one on my 09 , sure it wore the red color off of it , but other than a white edge , no problem.
Im just relaying my own experience with the product , hope this helps , i think that they are a very good product

Steve

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve
Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 AM

The Vapor is the stocker on 09 and up , and i think they were also on later 08's.
I have a Vapor on my 09 and trust me about this , it gets wet from rain a lot around here in the Pacific Northwest and washing the bike too. when the battery died in my stock Acewell on my 06 i replaced it with a Vapor , and it is still running strong. No Billet protectors on either bike . I ride with 4 other guys all with Trailtech Vapors or Endurance , and all are running great. My throttle cable has been rubbing a corner of mine since day one on my 09 , sure it wore the red color off of it , but other than a white edge , no problem.
Im just relaying my own experience with the product , hope this helps , i think that they are a very good product

Steve

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve
Old 06-02-2010, 07:15 PM

I had two Trail Techs (traditional models) crack and go south, as well. In addition, these units were (and are) extremely allergic to any level of moisture greater than a sneeze.
To continue, I contacted Trail Tech and was told to return both units for evaluation. I did as requested. In the end, Trail Tech honored both broken units by replacing both broken units, at no charge. Turnaround time was fairly quick; in addition, the service rep was extremely polite and eager to help. I would again buy Trail Tech on the basis of their superior commitment to customer service and satisfaction—seemingly, a commodity in short supply these days.