Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Enticing Gas Gas to do a demo in Arizona?

A few months ago, KTM came to one of our AMRA races with a stable of orange for riders to test on the rocky trails of the Arizona desert. Folks learned a lot about KTM that day, and KTM sold a lot of bikes as a result.

This passed weekend, my club (Arizona Trail Riders), put on the Sheridan Mountain Showdown, a qualifier-style race that attracted over 200 racers, 90 volunteers, and their families. One guy wheeled over his EC 250 and it was ogled for as long as it sat there (mostly by me).

You can imagine the amount of interest having a couple of GG 250/300s would generate. One our school boy A-riders is on a 200 KTM and is strongly considering the GG, but would have to travel out of state to get seat time.

What's the best way for our club to convince the US distributor to pay us a visit?

Thanks,

Rick

Edited to add, I looked the Gas Gas over, expecting to see some sort of workmanship flaw or build issues compared to the KTMs. I'm not sure I saw any. What's the deal with it, again?

Last edited by AZRickD; 04-25-2007 at 12:03 AM.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM

Talking Rick I Remember that, Im working on something similiar

Rick, I remember when KTM did that, they were also out at MotoGrande and had some orange bikes out there, I was out of town, and was not there, But i heard there were very good results...

By the way would you and your friends be interested in a TM DEMO day, Im working on the details as we speak, Im very close with closing a deal with a Soon to be TM dealer here in AZ. And the first thing we are going to do is setup a whole day for riders to come out and Demo the Factory racing TM 250F and the 450F, Im also working on a Giveaway, that will be along the lines of anyone that rides the TM bikes would register if you will with name and address or Email address, and at the end of the day there will be a Giveaway, such as a Pair of Wind Racing Elite Pro Boots, Tshirts, or a Dealer inspired Certificate of a certain value....Something along those lines, it is still up in the air, and the details will be worked out immediately following the Dealer singing up.

If this is something that you and people you know would be interested in participating, please let me know..... terryscott309@msn.com 520-868-6761
i sincerely appreciate your time.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 PM

I think riders would be interested in just about *any* manufacturer/dealer coming down for a Demo Daze event.

I would schedule it around an AMRA race http://www.amraracing.com/ so you'll have tons of people there. The next one that is suitable is in September and is being run by TRS (Trail Riders of Southern Arizona) in Prescott (which should be a good way to beat the heat).

I would make sure your TM guy wants to do it, and then contact the TRS race committee members to get their buy-in. I can't imagine that they would be anything but ecstatic to have TM, or any other maker there (unless the club president is a KTM dealer).

It will take some work, but I'd wager on your success.

Now, back to my problem.

Rick
Old 04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

I think I can speak for all Gas Gas riders, we'll demo our own bikes to anyone.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:07 AM

I know of only two Gas Gas enduro bikes in all of Arizona, One is a brand new EC250. The other is an older 200 that recently grenaded.

Ummm, I know of only one Gas Gas enduro bike in all of Arizona.

Hard to borrow what ain't here.

Any help on getting Gas Gas USA contact info?

Rick
Old 04-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Any demos are usually run by the dealers.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Rick, I was at the Sheridan Mtn Showdown, 45A. I have a 05 300, you shoulda looked me up, I would have let you check out my scoot. Im also a moderator on AZTT.

Geoff
Old 04-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post

Any help on getting Gas Gas USA contact info?

Rick
Distributor for the United States is Iron Mountain Motorsports....

www.ironmountainmotorsports.com

jeff
Old 04-27-2007, 07:46 PM

Bingo.

Thanks for the offer.

I was at Check 4A/8A helping to fix broken bikes and tired bodies.

I wish I had seen you. I would have shamelessly bummed a ride.

Rick