Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Which company sponsors you? Can you share your deal with others? I'm looking to upgrade if the gear and price is right. However, I still like a fanny pack for accessibility as the pack has to come off or you ask a mate to dig through your pack (I almost said "dig in your sack" but I stopped just in time )
Sponsors are tough, I can not even buy stuff for friends or family. It's a big no no.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

an alternate might be to get the weight from the water and tools off of the back and put it on the bike.
like a fork mounted aux gas tank that's used for water only.
then some tools in an aux airbox holder
thats alot of weight up high and when it's gone it helps fight fatigue

i have ridden without my camelback and ogio tool pouch and it was a nice feeling, until you get thirsty or need repair at least.
2014 Beta Evo Factory 300
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM

I carry my water and tools on the bike. I find it's easier to move around on the bike. Tools are in a small pelican box where a number plate would be. Water is carried outboard of each radiator. Kind of a weird setup, but it works for my casual trail riding.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM

Camelbak is just one of many companies that we need to boycott. Redwing shoes, which I WAS a very loyal customer, is also on the petition to close the canyonlands. I found this quite odd considering a lot of their customers (construction guys) are also riders, maybe they think their hiking shoe line can carry them. I attended the hearing for the canyonlands and it was scary, it was 99 % of the people attending were in favor of the closure. Thank god we have good senators and organizations like USA-ALL and the blue ribbon coalition. Speaking of which, why aren't you all members yet? They are the only chance we have, especially since our the newly appointed secretary of the interior is also the CEO of rei............scary
Old 03-06-2013, 01:49 AM

I use the Geigerrig also. Tough as they get!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have a Fly Convertible. not sure they still make it, but it is a chest protector, with the whole back side being a backpack and drink system. Very nice, but I always seem to carry a lot of weight. Would love to move all tools and drink to the bike, and still have instant drink access.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Banned

Just finished writing each company a letter of disapproval and how I will no longer support there products.

Also added to redwings shoes that they will be taken off our depts. uniform choices for boots.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM

G'day I recently got an OGIO Flight Vest. It has a pocket in the back for your hydration bladder and a heap of pockets and compartments to carry all your tools and spares, and it is comfortable to wear.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Site Sponsor

Wow..I knew about Camelback but its hard to believe that resturants in Moab would join something that would restrict the number of potential customers that come there. That place would die without dirt bikes, Jeeps and mt bikes. We stopped selling Camelback several years back. The USWE paks that off road champions sells are nice looking. I would like to get where we could retail them. http://www.uswe-sports.com/
Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 PM

Klim

http://www.klim.com/en-us/shop/bags/4010-000

http://www.klim.com/en-us/shop/bags/3319-000

http://www.klim.com/en-us/shop/bags/4012-000