Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Iv got another story for the diet = weight loss.

My dad who was 105kg, 230lbs in the old measure, started a reasonable diet plan, no bread and minimal carbs, he has porridge and fruit for breakfast, chicken and salad for lunch, and whatever the rest of us have for dinner, he just got rid of all the snacks and other rubbish. Still has the odd beer and potato chips, less than once a week though.

You also need to understand he started this diet after he damaged his knee ligaments, so hes done no extra exercise, has to walk around for work.

Hes lost 12kg, 26lbs, in 7 weeks. hes aiming for 85 kg, will need some exercise to get the other 8 or so kg off though.

Anyway, just thought id throw that in as a feel good story

Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Iv got another story for the diet = weight loss.

My dad who was 105kg, 230lbs in the old measure, started a reasonable diet plan, no bread and minimal carbs, he has porridge and fruit for breakfast, chicken and salad for lunch, and whatever the rest of us have for dinner, he just got rid of all the snacks and other rubbish. Still has the odd beer and potato chips, less than once a week though.

You also need to understand he started this diet after he damaged his knee ligaments, so hes done no extra exercise, has to walk around for work.

Hes lost 12kg, 26lbs, in 7 weeks. hes aiming for 85 kg, will need some exercise to get the other 8 or so kg off though.

Anyway, just thought id throw that in as a feel good story
As the youngest on this site(yeah I read the age poll)You must be loving this thread.Eating & drinking anything, & as much as you like,& still ride fast all day & be able to get out of bed the next day.Enjoy your youth!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
As the youngest on this site(yeah I read the age poll)You must be loving this thread.Eating & drinking anything, & as much as you like,& still ride fast all day & be able to get out of bed the next day.Enjoy your youth!
MMmmmm Pies, the uni dairy has a mean butter chicken pie, even rivals the ms macs.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:59 AM

I'm skinny, but cut out the soda, that crap does nothing for ya. Do a little research on the artificial sugars in diet soda, its scary!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade_crawler View Post
Do a little research on the artificial sugars in diet soda, its scary!
Tell me about it. Diet cokes caused me to have to retire early from the military. I was drinking a 6 pack a day and lost the ability for my mind to multitask. It became dangerous for me to drive because my mind would focus and lock in on anything that attracted me and often I would run out of my traffic lane. Flying (especially in the desert where people were shooting at me) was even more hazardous.
I quit the diet junk (especially aspertame sweeteners) just after I retired and my ability to multitask quickly returned. I now drink 1-2 regular sodas a day and find it easier to keep weight off than when I was drinking the diet stuff.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Crap,

Opened the thread while drinking a diet coke!

I dont drink coffee, and as a firefighter, I struggle with sleep deprivation. I resort to drinking 2-3 diet cokes a day.

Maybe I will switch to reg. coke and see what happens.

I have been off of the workout routine for a week and a half after being out of town on a trip. But, I have been diligent with my diet and still have lost 3 more lbs. Back to running this afternoon.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 PM

That stuff is garbage. Whats really bad is if you drink it during and after a workout, as it breaks down into something even more harmful. In Europe, most of those sweeteners are banned, and diet or "lite" Coke just has less plain sugar than the regular stuff.

Reg Coke is loaded with sugar and caffeine, worse than coffee.

I've been working with an instructor on the TRX suspension trainer. A one hour workout is the most brutal, painful, and productive exercise I have ever done. I'm starting a new six week session, and after that will get one for home and work at lunchtime. Its like a gym in a bag, you can take it anywhere. Try it.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:35 PM

Hey now all of you Coke haters! Ya'll are screwing with my retirement plan. GMP I expect nicer things from you!!!! I thought we were friends?
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 AM

Sorry dude. Forgot about that.

Seeing how the govt. is screwing with free choice in what people eat, the Kenyan may come knocking at the door and force you into the vegetable juice business.

Hey, once I dated this girl from suburban Philly, PA. I had a screaming headache when I went to her house, so she whips out this industrial size jar of Tylenol. I immediately state its crap and does nothing for a headache, which is true in my case. She snapped back telling me her father was one of the scientists that developed it! Oops!

How is the knee rehab going?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Sorry dude. Forgot about that.

Seeing how the govt. is screwing with free choice in what people eat, the Kenyan may come knocking at the door and force you into the vegetable juice business.

Hey, once I dated this girl from suburban Philly, PA. I had a screaming headache when I went to her house, so she whips out this industrial size jar of Tylenol. I immediately state its crap and does nothing for a headache, which is true in my case. She snapped back telling me her father was one of the scientists that developed it! Oops!

How is the knee rehab going?

It is going ok. I ended up tearing my knee cap off on one side pretty much. Had to get a quaterzone shot last week and that hurt like a mother. It was feeling pretty good yesterday so I decided to do some re-hab on 2 wheels with Girard.