Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:19 PM

Default 2001 XC300 Rod kit

I saw in another post the Cr rod kits work but the post listed late model Gassers. Does anyone know if my 2001 XC300 has the same rod as the Honda Cr's if so what year and cc? Also my main bearings are bad on the crank this is the second time that I'm replacing them. Was there a problem with these bearings on my year. Seems excessive to me that they are bad again.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 PM

Any CR rod between 81-01 will work. eg. Versah 5001
What brand of bearing are you using? are you replacing the seals when you do the bearings?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:12 PM

The last time they where replaced by the dealer with stock bearings and the seals were replaced. This time I'm going to do it because I want to see whats going on and will probably just go to the local Bobker bearing shop that I usually use. I used there bearings before with good luck on my Suzuki and Yamaha neither of which had the bearings go bad they were just replaced as part of an overall rebuild I was doing. The stocker bearings are really expensive $90 for just one side from Go-Fasters. If you have a better suggestion for a supplier please let me know.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:12 PM

Id get Nachi, or equivalent aftermarket bearings, cost me $30 per side on my 125, and genuine seals. Depending on the hours between changes, its possible that the crank may be worn where the bearings run causing a shorter life, im only saying this as its quite an old engine.