Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman View Post
Ditto: Pix, please!

I have the Core EXP, and a LHRB from Recluse. I would very much like to have a clutch over-ride that I can use in the rare circumstances that I need it.
Any links on how to post pics?

2007 Beta Rev 3 270
2007 KTM 200 XC Wife's

Public Lands belong to the Public

Old 05-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by husley View Post
I put a LHRB on my wife's 200 while keeping the clutch. Purchased the LHRB kit from Rekluse and spent $20 to mount it under the clutch
Both levers are directly over/under each other, clean and cheap
I very much want to do the LHRB thing; when seated, I have a hard time getting my size 12s to pivot over the rear brake without lifting my foot up off of the footpeg.

But I'm a little dense on how the LHRB is utilized in relation to the clutch - I'm usually pulling in the clutch to keep from stalling when I hit the rear brake, right? (say, powersliding around a corner or using the rear brake on a downhill.)

So - is the idea that I am going to pull in both clutch and LHRB at the same time, or am I just using the LHRB lightly so as not to lock up the rear wheel and stall?

Looking for enlightenment,

Jeff
Old 05-29-2012, 02:28 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

when sitting most people need to lift their foot off the pegs to hit the rear brake.

To be honest i have started to think that rekluse and LHRB are short term fixes that do not improve your skills in the long run. If you spend the same money as a rekluse on fuel and go training, identifying and practicing your weak points you will improve much more - my 10c!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
when sitting most people need to lift their foot off the pegs to hit the rear brake.

To be honest i have started to think that rekluse and LHRB are short term fixes that do not improve your skills in the long run. If you spend the same money as a rekluse on fuel and go training, identifying and practicing your weak points you will improve much more - my 10c!
I'm with you Matt. Auto crutches. Nothing against anyone who uses them and they definately have their benefits. I like that the bike then becomes unstallable, but I think thats all that I would want it for. LHB has its benefits too but I'm happy to ride without one. Clutch control is definately something I'm not willing to give up. I need good feel and engagement.

Whats peoples thoughts on the CLAKE?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

here is a review on the clake and other JHRB by mike sigety for his erzberg trip last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2ez...8&feature=plcp

he eventually went with the rekluse version and said it was very useful for extreme cases when you have to hop off your bike on a steep slope and wait for someone to throw you a rope for the rest of the climb.
It would be helpful for those big rock downhills as you can paddle with both feet but i think you will then never learn to ride down as you should.

At erzberg i walked some of the downhills after the last checkpoint (so only about 10 riders rode it) and i battled to walk it - v steep (would hang from one tree trunk to the next), slippy wet clay mud - and what i noticed was that there were no skid marks and no signs of overshooting the corners, those guys maintained constant wheel rotation (think: ABS)
If you ride with a LHRB and are a downhill paddler you are most likely never going to overcome your fear and will always be walking or locking up on downhills - it is something i really want to overcome as i think i go up hills faster and with less energy than comming down the same hill!

PS i used to ride with a rekluse and thought until recently that it was the best thing you could ever put in your bike, i now know the best thing is "motion lotion"!!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 AM

+1, agree with Matt and Jake.

How many trials bikes/riders do you see with auto clutches? Think about that one.

The only exception is I would have one on a 250F kick start bike for sure, for the stall resistance, but thats it.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
+1, agree with Matt and Jake.

How many trials bikes/riders do you see with auto clutches? Think about that one.

The only exception is I would have one on a 250F kick start bike for sure, for the stall resistance, but thats it.
I have never seen a Trials bike with a auto clutch (besides a mini bike). I would never dream if putting one on my Trials bike. However the Rekluse has come in handy for my wife when she is on some unforgiving off-camber junk while I'm praying that she doesn't stall it.

Also, her LHRB has come in VERY handy on nasty downhill stuff.

I do not run a Rekluse in either of my bikes
2007 Beta Rev 3 270
2007 KTM 200 XC Wife's

Public Lands belong to the Public
Old 05-29-2012, 11:37 AM

Well, I am going to disagree a bit here.

It depends on several factors. Ability/Experience level is one factor, but for some terrain is huge.

I just rode a 60 mile enduro a couple of weeks ago and 50 miles of it was true singletrack with lots of obstacles (we are talking about 1st-2nd gear only terrain with slop, rocks, roots and nasty hillclimbs and steep decents with all with very tight turns in the trees. I do not have a rekluse, but I can tell you I wish I had one for that ride! I rode with a buddy who had the Rekluse and LHRB and it made life sooo much easier. I am a B rider, but in that nasty terrain I stalled a half dozen times and it zaps your energy. On a day like that, I want all the energy I can get!

Another huge factor is the fact that some of us are just casual riders who want things to be easy and fun. For some, have the auto clutch and a LHRB makes those precious few rides we get more easy and more fun. To me, that is what it is all about I only get to do a couple events a year and the rest is just fast paced trail riding with my family and friends. As I get older, I want easy and fun to be the mantra of all of my rides
Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 PM

Who cares what someone else has on their bike. If you ride for fun ride whatever brings you the most fun. If you race, ride whatever you are fastest with. After years on the fence I relented and bought a core EXP to help with pain from a 40 year old riding injury to my left wrist. If I had it to do over I would gladly pay twice what it cost for the drop in pain and corresponding increase in fun level. While some of you are thumping your chest about your "clutching ability" I'll be out on the trail having fun.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:23 PM

I had a severe dirtbike accident over 20 years ago where I shattered both wrists. My left wrist had surgery with pins and an errector set attached to the outside. My right they casted for 8 weeks.

At 42, I'm beginning to get some painful arthritis when I ride. I'm thinking Flexx bars or Rekluse to ease that and make life easier.