Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 PM

Default ISDE Update

Hi all,
Just a quick note this morning. Picked up my bike from GasGas yesterday - awesome! Very similar to my 07 only with sachs fork/shock, new computer and white plastics. Euro bike has a HUGE silencer on it to. Swapped my triple clamp/sub mount onto the bike along with steering damper, flexx bars and barkbusters. Unfortunately in 08 they changed to hex bolts for the PV cover and I haven't been able to track down any 5mm allen bolts so no LTR cover on this bike. Also noticed all of the engine bolts on the 08/09 bikes are 8mm hex instead of 5mm allen. Nice. Also the 08/09 axle is different from my 07 so the axle pull does not fit. I'm going to track down Steve from GoFasters and see if I can scrounge an extra.

Rode the bike for about 45 minutes yesterday on the grass track - wow, these bikes are really, really good. The sachs fork is great, though maybe a tad soft. Shock is excellent so far. Handling is a dream as always. The KTM guys are struggling to get their bikes to turn on the grasstrack while the GasGas riders walk around with big smiles. Engine is great as always.

Only things left to do are confirm my jetting, set sag, maybe play with the clickers a bit, add grip donuts and track down an axle pull.

I'll try and send some pictures tonight.

Steve

Old 08-28-2008, 06:06 AM

Can I try it ?
Thanks for checking in. We appreciate it.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Thanks for the update Steve. We all need to live vicarioulsy through you and Billy!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:07 AM

Awsome report, be sure, if you can, to try and check in right before the race and possibly during. (I know it is soo hard, you basically wake up, eat, ride, eat, and sleep for 6 straight days - I did it last year.) I am interested in what the test are going to be like. Also the weather. Sounded hot right away, but possibly milder towards the end of the week. Most of all, good luck! Remember, twist it in the easy and save it in the hard. You'll do great.

Brian

517 Chile
Old 08-28-2008, 03:06 PM

Bike setup is pretty much done today. It's very hot down in Serres but we head up into the mountains where it's pretty comfortable temperature-wise. Special tests look fun, especially the Red Bull test (day 3/4), Acerbis (day 1/2) and all of the enduro tests at Lailias. Should be a fun event.

Americans are scrambling again as last I heard their container is still in Athens. Talked to Billy at the GasGas truck - he's good, bike is close to setup but we doesn't have his Rekluse or a few other things. Billy's a really nice guy too, so everyone cheer him on!

While the Americans have it bad, the Australian club teams have it worse. Their container got mistakenly sent to Egypt so they've had to buy tools, gear and rent bikes. Chile is in a similar boat and not happy about it.

Looking forward to the race, should be fun. Lots of beautiful women in the paddock and around town. Greece is a great country! I'll try and send another update (complete with pictures) on Saturday or Sunday.

By the way, Steve Berkner AKA Berkyboy, if you read this, I need a front axle pull (mine off my 07 ISDE bike does not fit)! I'm looking for you in the pits but haven't seen you anywhere yet!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Lots of beautiful women in the paddock and around town.
Now Now, no distractions! Focus! (but send pics if you have time. )

Actually, the GoFasters boys could be snapping away. Maybe we could do an annual "Women of the ISDE" photo album. Of course Jeff, myself, Girard and Matt would have to review all the pics to be sure they are in good taste and fit the image of gasgasrider.org.

Good luck and wish Billy luck too!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 PM

Glenn, you can send me the one's in poor taste.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Steve, Good to hear your almost set up.

Good luck,but most of all have fun.

We'll be pullin for ya!

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Maybe we could do an annual "Women of the ISDE" photo album.
From Greece? Fat chicks with mustaches wearing black?

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 08-28-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFastTim View Post
From Greece? Fat chicks with mustaches wearing black?
That was my misconception of greek women before coming here, but trust me, there's a lot of beauties over here. Well, today is admin and tech inspection so hopefully all goes well!