Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Thats why you have had to jet it so lean if its overflowing. You need to confirm the float height again, but more likely is that a float is damaged and sticking, or the viton tip valve that lets fuel flow in has perished and isn't sealing correctly which will also cause overflow issues. You should be able to tip the bike 45 degrees to either side before having the carb overflow.
Between the N3EW and N3EF needles which one in leaner?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

N3EW vs N3EF

Same needle taper profile. The difference is in the straight section/needle diameter (0-1/8th throttle approx). The W is significantly leaner here.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:46 PM

I have just put a N3EG needle middle clip,in with a 38 pilot, 178 main, a/s at 1.75, and this is perfect for me. i played around with a NEDW but found it to soft off the bottom.
this is on my 09 250r, which also has the screw top AS I carb...
in vico.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetree View Post
I have just put a N3EG needle middle clip,in with a 38 pilot, 178 main, a/s at 1.75, and this is perfect for me. i played around with a NEDW but found it to soft off the bottom.
this is on my 09 250r, which also has the screw top AS I carb...
in vico.

I took the bike into the shop cos I needed it checked out after I tried heaps of different settings, they repacked the silencer and checked the PV, which was all good.
They also changed the jetting including the needle (with out asking me) this is the setting they put in

N3EF #3
MJ 175
PJ 40

I will take it out for good ride tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexception_03 View Post
I took the bike into the shop cos I needed it checked out after I tried heaps of different settings, they repacked the silencer and checked the PV, which was all good.
They also changed the jetting including the needle (with out asking me) this is the setting they put in

N3EF #3
MJ 175
PJ 40

I will take it out for good ride tomorrow.
The bike ran really bad with this set up, needle is too rich.

I changed to the NECW #3 and made a big difference. Runs alot better now, got good power but still has some things to be ironed out

Current set up
NECW #3
MJ 175
PJ 40
A/S 2.5

Its just a bit confusing how lean I have to run this bike considering I am at sea level. I still think it needs to be slightly leaner, maybe 38 pilot.

Anyway today was great, best time I have had on it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (7.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Its not that lean, and my bike was always a bit of a lean freak too. In general I think being in Australia there seems to consistantly be a bit different to the states too. Must be the difference in fuels.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Its not that lean, and my bike was always a bit of a lean freak too. In general I think being in Australia there seems to consistantly be a bit different to the states too. Must be the difference in fuels.
This is the best result so far

NECW #2
170 MJ
38 PJ
A/S 2.5

Really nice crisp power off the bottom, mid range good, top end not 100% I have a feeling I could go to a 168 MJ which i will try after the next ride

No signs of running lean yet.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetree View Post
Hi tim,
i would be a little careful about following what others are using in different countrys too, lots of different fuels, this will change jetting alot.
you have plenty of needles to play with to get your bike going well, follow the process as described by jakobi, (thanks for that by the way, cleared a few questions in my head.) and you will work out what is best for your bike...
and if you want, for comparison, as im just over in central victoria, riding similar altitudes, temps and weather, and fuel...
09 250r (with the older scew top carb)
40pj although im going to try a 42 yet.
NEDW 2nd clip
178 main
7 slide.
air screw is at the moment on about 1 turn but i keep playing with it and hence my wish to try a 42pj..
i cant say its perfect, but its bloody close...

dont worry about your cdi or anything yet, try your jetting first...
good luck.
hey there, I know its been a long time since this post but I was just going over the messages about jetting and saw your comment about the cdi, well after about 30 different jet/needle set ups and many rides later the bike finally died. It turned out that it needed a new stator and CDI from the begining!