Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 AM

I can't find the Lectron manual in my cluttered garage, so I've printed this one -

http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/docs/Tuning_Instr.pdf

Any others I need?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM

I am so.....on the fence with this carb stuff....either I get a new PWK or a Lectron for my 200
My old PWK is wore out...Hmmmm, might sent it to RB Designs for a overhaul

Will be looking forward to your ride report...no need to get in a hurry.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 08-23-2013, 04:06 PM

I did some study... And then just went for it.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:42 PM

I took the bike out for another, slightly longer, spin. I let the bike warm up to temp this time. Still a bit of sputter on top. Rich, I suspected.

I turned the PowerJet screw in 3/4 turn clock-wise and did another speed run. No sputter.

Looks like I'm done with tuning.

I suppose I could play with the metering rod some, but I'm not inclined to at this point. I still have to tweak the Rekluse Core/EXP to my liking.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
I took the bike out for another, slightly longer, spin. I let the bike warm up to temp this time. Still a bit of sputter on top. Rich, I suspected.

I turned the PowerJet screw in 3/4 turn clock-wise and did another speed run. No sputter.

Looks like I'm done with tuning.

I suppose I could play with the metering rod some, but I'm not inclined to at this point. I still have to tweak the Rekluse Core/EXP to my liking.
Ready for another day in Flag to do some real world testing? Still have to get you up rocky moto? I talked to Warren and got some directions to the new trails and the airport single track.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 PM

Maybe Sunday ?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Maybe Sunday ?
Oh man, Can't do this Sunday. Are girls are getting baptized in grandmas pool.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:04 AM

I might spend a couple hours at the Mile Markers in the late morning tomorrow after I open up the Rekluse and fiddle one more time.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:55 PM

I did some street riding again (mostly to do some final Rekluse tuning with three heavier gold springs).

The only thing I did with the Lectron was to adjust the throttle cable slack.

I will have to do a plug chop one of these days to convince myself that it is running in where it needs to be. I like to jet my bikes a little rich. My current setting is probably just fine, but... gotta check.

The Gasser with the Lectron is a different animal. Taking it from the 38mm Keihin to the 36mm bore, alone, would make a difference. There is a lot of useable torque from bottom to mid that wasn't there before. It will suit my riding style. The stock 250's lack of bottom was the only reason I considered, but ultimately rejected, getting a 300. I don't think I'll have issues anymore, especially with a 12T counter-sprocket.

More on the Lectron -- the only notable glitch is that it likes to be cold-started with the throttle cracked. When warm, it'll light, but needs a bit of throttle to keep it going. I could fix this all with the idle screw, but that starts interplay with dragging the Rekluse at idle that I'm trying to minimize. If the Rekluse wasn't involved I'd be happy with the idle setting. I'll play more.

With the Lectron there is no longer that Keihin off-idle bog that persisted despite going down to a 38 Pjet. And the Lectron behaved well off-idle even when it wasn't completely warmed up. On the street I could go from idle to a raising the tire in wheelie mode with a blip of the throttle in about three feet. On the trail it would likely turn into wheel spin. Perhaps I should credit the stiffer Rekluse springs?

I did several roll-ons from stopped to high-rev in different single gears and through the gears. As noted, the Keihin jetting wasn't near perfect, try as I might. And the AS2 had the feeling of different circuits coming on. Not hits, really, but it was a character change as the bike went through the speed range. My RB-modded AS1 was much, much better than this stock AS2.

Lectron Through the Rev Range -- Power comes on gradually from idle to WOT. There was no hit. There *might* have been one nano-second of noticeable change in the mid-throttle but I'm not sure. Maybe this is where the metering rod's effect minimized and the PowerJet started to show itself. The only reason I would be aware of this was the complete absence of peculiarities elsewhere.

I would say that the 36mm Lectron revs out just a titch more than the 38mm AS2. It felt like the AS2 should've had more in it, and fixable with jetting, or a needle. But it eluded me in the Keihin. The Lectron is not elusive in that regard.

So, I'm done futzing with the Lectron and done futzing with the Rekluse. About the only thing I have left to do is relocate the map switch.

Time to ride.

Last edited by AZRickD; 08-24-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I can't find the Lectron manual in my cluttered garage, so I've printed this one -

http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/docs/Tuning_Instr.pdf

Any others I need?
A little late to your question...
No - that is the one that came with my Lectron.

In regards to reading your posts about your recent test rides. Sounds good. I so far have been very impressed with my 38mm Lectron. I can definitely tell a difference in how the bike runs and responds to my needs immediately.

So when I got mine the metering rod was 51.27mm long. I have leaned out since and now at 51.83mm.
What length did yours get shipped to you?

Also can you please post a pick of the new throttle cable you recently installed? Would like to see the elbow / fitting at carb.

As for the fuel inlet -- This is a bad design. I told Kelly they need an elbow directly at the inlet and it sure would then make for a nice clean connection to the fuel line.