Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:00 PM

Default new gasgas in my garage

Hey peeps. Just picked up my first GG, 2014 xc200r. No e-start, but couldnt argue with the price(6399 otd). I had been riding an old kdx 200 off and on for a good while now, and also an 89 xr 250. After buying my first home, I felt it was time for an overhaul. Originally I had been looking into a ktm 200 xc w, only because ive ridden a co-workers a few times, and initially i liked it. I kinda took a leap of faith on the GG, not knowing anyone around me who had one and being unable to demo one. When I went to check it out at Bills in salem, I just had to have it. With it now sitting happily in my garage, the more beers i drink as I stare at it, the more I realize I made the right choice. She sure is pretty.
CheersIMAG0226.jpg

Old 02-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Nice choice your gonna like it!
All it requires is a jetting tweak.
congrats
Old 02-23-2015, 03:48 PM

Default happiness

I'm sure you'll be happy with it once you ride it, and become familiar with it .. these are great bikes ! Glad you made the decision to try it out .. that is a leap of faith !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gasgasoffroadriders/
Old 02-23-2015, 04:36 PM

You are going to have a blast with the 200. I made The switch from the Orange about 6 month ago and not to be partial with the GG but is a better machine. At list in my opinion. I think we need to form the 200 club.
Jetting and gearing is the key
Old 02-23-2015, 05:50 PM

Nice Moves!!! Bill is the best guy around. Well not just Bill, but his whole team. I love those guys!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Hey...that's the bike I've been drooling over for a while - congrats!

I took the same leap back in Nov '13 when a buddy pointed me to the '11 I currently own. Liked it so much that I convinced my wife to let me sell her 250 4T and pick up another one...lol.

Sounds like Bill has made a couple converts lately and that's plain awesome. Where do you usually ride?
Old 02-23-2015, 06:52 PM

It is hard to imagine someone going into Bills and buying a plain white husky over that HOT SPANISH bike . Great choice n great buy
Old 02-23-2015, 07:15 PM

hey, thanks fellas. I dunno, those new huskys are looking pretty good, I would love to pick up the te 125 or xc 125 for my wife, once shes up to par. I have been riding in the hills outside Molalla, exploring the areas where I hope to hunt some day. I just moved to Molalla, from Sherwood/Beaverton. My unlce Chuck/Ron/Mark/Kenny(my dad) is from the Sherwood area, id imagine some of you Oregonians may know them. Anyway, the GG is amazingly beautiful, I cant wait to figure out what chemical mixture makes this thing purr!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:10 PM

Default 2014 200

I have about 6 hours on my 14 200 and can say it is a great bike. I put a Rekluse on it and it is taking some time to get use to it, but it handles great and the power is really smooth!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyDsun View Post
Anyway, the GG is amazingly beautiful, I cant wait to figure out what chemical mixture makes this thing purr!
If you want to go explore the coast range (TSF - Diamond Mill, Cedar Creek, Jordan Creek, Lyda Camp), post up and we'll find a time that works. On that side, you're probably relatively close to LaDee Flats. Only been there once as it's relatively new, but supposed to be growing.

One of the best things you can do to really get her purring is to send the head off to Ron Black (RB Design) - make jetting much easier and also give you better fuel economy.

Definitely post up a ride report after you get her out for a proper rip