Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 09-19-2010, 06:45 AM

Default Revloc Dyna Ring

Well, the Revloc Dyna Ring for the '07 EC300 showed up at the dealer a few days ago and it was with much anticipation that I waited for it's installation. As a bit of background, I have run a Rekluse Pro in 2 KTMs and still have one in the 450 Six Days. Had Rekluse built a Pro model for a GG, the decision would have been very simple (Rekluse are you listening). Now back to the Dyna Ring. Before the dealer started the installation, I read the instructions and looked at all of the parts. I was a KTM dealer in a younger life (1970's-80's) so I had to see how it was going to work. Hmm? A preload device that has to be installed on the clutch master cylinder. Different, but I understand the concept. Steel plates that were undercut to compensate for the thickness of the Dyna Ring. Ok, I got that part. Everything was going well until the installation of the steel plates. They did not fit quite right. Phone call to Revloc (very quick response) and the answer was that one other installation had the same issue, but the issue would be quickly resolved. The issue was not major, so the operation continued while the patient was still under anesthesia. After a very brief recovery, it was time for the test ride. The clutch did exactly as advertised; it is an anti-stall clutch. So, one will not stall the engine. However, there were 2 issues to my dislike. First, the feel in the clutch lever; too stiff, but I could get used to that. Second was the engagement of the clutch. As power is applied, the clutch acts like any other autoclutch off idle; but as more power is added, the bike feels like it is loaded up (my description for engine still not warm) and then the clutch fully engages very abruptly. Too abrupt since I only ride single track. The conclusion; the clutch works, just not for my riding style.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:13 AM

I have the Dyna Ring too. Allen first sent me a magura master cylinder, because the plastic window in the AJP was thought to be a potential weakness with the higher pressure. The lever pull was quite a bit harder than the ajp.
Allen was able to replace the plastic window with a plug in my ajp, and sent it back to me. The clutch pull is now much better than the Magura, and seems pretty much the same as before.
Are U using the ajp or the magura?
I'm not sure what U mean by loading up and then an abrupt hit? Could U explain that in more detail? I've had to turn the adjuster knob in alot to get the gap needed so it will idle in gear. I still have maybe a quarter inch of adjustment left. It still wants to creep a bit while in gear, which goes away when seated. Next time I ride, I'll turn it in a bit more. I had to turn the idle up a little to keep it from stalling at a stop in gear, unless I had the clutch lever pulled in.
I have the G2 throttle cam #4 (slowest), and I took it out yesterday after switching mc's back to ajp. It has been raining alot the last couple of days and the single track was pretty guey. I really liked the way it handled. It climbed and negotiated wet gooey switch backs and rutted wet trail with confidence. I do know that if U are in too high a gear and hit the throttle, that it will slip for a bit, but then once it reaches the proper rpm it smoothly and efficiently climbs and climbs.
I still haven't tested the dyna ring for bump starting. I look forward to be able to bull dog the bike using my clutch lever instead of the front break, and if injured, be able to ride out by bump starting.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 09-20-2010, 03:08 AM

I see Rekluse are starting to do a 'trail' clutch that is the same design. Only for CRF and KXF at the moment, but interested to see what happens there.