Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 07-21-2013, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
Michael, What brand 2014 250 2t did you get?
Being from Austria the brand with the 3 letters I don't dare to speak out loud here is a more or less natural choice Seriously the bikes fit me very well, dealer support and parts availability is as good as it gets so close to the factory. GasGas seems to have given up the local market completely after being reasonably present a few years ago Have been eying the Sherco 300i for some time also, but with only a handful in the country and no dealer reasonably close I was too scared; also with the SC coming along I wanted to give the 2-stroke another go.

Michael

Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Michael.

I'll give it a good going over when I have the shock out for its next service. Todays quick ride was feeling pretty nice though. I also noticed my pipe o-rings have blown out and I'm getting a dribble of spooge from the exhuast spigot. Not sure if this could be contributing to some of the roughness off idle.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM

I had chance to have a good play yesterday , I started with float at 18mm and 58 clicks out on the needle , this was way too lean and ended up with the hanging idle , kept adjusting it until I was happy and you could literally chug the bike up a steep hill without stalling her , I thought I was at around 40 clicks but it turned out to be 29 clicks out and needle to top of slide length of 97.58mm .
Not that I'm great at wheelies but you could litterally roll the throttle on from nothing in the first three gears and lift the front wheel .
it does seem to me that with this needle the top is a bit flat compared to before though
One thing to note is that I fitted a Leo vince tail pipe before testing this needle , but I can't see that having much influence on the settings .

I should be putting a vid on later of my final setup , ignore the 40 clicks out comment as it was 29 and I'd lost count .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IM_NBI6-jaY

Last edited by Diggs345; 07-24-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:32 PM

Sounds really good and the pull off idle...sweet! I wonder if the flat feeling on top is really flat or just feels that way because it's so smooth. My Husky 165 with the SC feels smooth on top but not flat and backed up when I did some roll on races with a friend as his YZ 250F. I walked away from him very quickly every time. He "thought" because my bike is so smooth it wasn't very fast now he knows smooth can be fast. Anyway looks like you have your bike dialed in pretty good.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

I wish mine ran that well..

I put a load more kms on mine over my days off. Didn't change more than a click the whole time. Started rich, then went leaner later in the ride.. but by the end of the ride it was feeling rich again. I'm still getting inconsistant results with it.

Managed to pinch flat the rear, and the vibes broke the pipe mount tab out of the frame rail again. I need to isolate the pipe a bit better. Have previously had it all but hard mounted to stop the pipe rattling on the header.

Next ride will include new pipe o-rings, springs, and a new isolator for the lower mount. Not sure how I'll do this yet.. hopefully this will see an improvement. Touch wood.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:22 AM

My header o rings want swapping out too , maybee that will account for the flat feeling on top or maybe you are right John .
Jake , mine was inconsistent until I put some sealer on the gasget surfaces and raised the tickover a little .
Ill order some more o rings and give it another go .
Old 07-25-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john01 View Post
Sounds really good and the pull off idle...sweet!
Folks I think we have a winner here.

Cast 38mm SC sitting on my desk full of fuel. No worries about spilling fuel with a fully self contained SC. Carb can be disassembled with one allen wrench. Also some pics of internal check valves and new hex clicker. Tomorrow we will post some video of how sick this carburetor really is. Super low idle capability, unbelievably smooth, awesome roll on, and of course it will run on its side no flooding and starts with one kick. I've been around these carbs for a while but I am really excited about this one!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 PM

Box 'em up and ship them out!
2004 Snowhawk 600H.O.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:20 PM

Corey,

Has there been any updating to the MR from the billet units to the cast?
If so, could those of us with a billet benefit from upgrading MR's?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman View Post
Corey,

Has there been any updating to the MR from the billet units to the cast?
If so, could those of us with a billet benefit from upgrading MR's?
We are continually working on perfecting the MR manufacturing process to hold tight tolerancing and consistency rod to rod. Yes, we have made improvements to the process and when an inventory supply soon becomes available those can be purchased. The cast 38mm actually wants a step leaner (R082) metering rod than the billet, which is great news and means that the signal has improved. Which also directly correlates into further improved fuel economy and lower emissions. More power, less fuel, it's unheard of!