Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:05 PM

Default trailer helmet cabinets

I'm tried of all the gear bag stuff all over the floor of the trailer and looking to get some cabinets for my enclosed trailer. I've been planning on getting some aluminum cabinets:
something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trailer-Alum...8f2b48&vxp=mtr

I have yet to be able to bring myself to spend that much money and I'm now considering more of the shelf style:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Hel...c771fd&vxp=mtr

Anyone have something like this and care to comment? my concern with the shelf style is the helmets falling off while driving.....

Old 01-29-2014, 12:28 PM

http://www.lowes.com/pd_129717-46-GA...7C1&facetInfo=

I have the Gladiator Geartrack installed in my trailer and use the mesh baskets. They hold 2 helmets, I just shove some padding between them so they don't rub against each other.
I have this tracking full length on both sides of my sled trailer that I haul 6 bikes in. Works great to keep helmets and other lighter gear up off the floor.
The sell many hooks that I use for riding gear and bike straps. A couple of the metal baskets for other large bulk stuff. Also make a nice paper towel holder with storage space above for hand cleaner and such.
Many miles of bouncing around crappy PA roads and never tossed anything out of one.
I just anchored into my aluminum frame structure.
Future trailers will get the same.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:37 PM

Default helmet shelf

I have a similar helmet shelf (similar to the second link) in my enclosed trailer and it works perfectly. Never bounced out. I always put my lids in their helmet "bags" so they don't get scratched moving around inside. And I have inadvertently hit a few cattle guards at higher speeds (NOT FUN in a diesel Megacab and 16 foot dual axle enclosed trailer! FYI always reserve jumping to your gasgas, not your diesel pickup) and helmets are always on the shelf when I get home. Used it for about a year now and very pleased.

here is the one I have

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...=rider%20cargo

I have it mounted to the front wall of the trailer where it probably gets the most up and down motion during driving.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:41 PM

Default Also

you could always tack a bungee cargo net to the back wall above the helmet shelf and pull it over the helmets and hook the net on the front edge of the shelf. That maybe redneck (which I am) but it would give you peace of mind. Especially if you have a 6D helmet or Airoh LOL