Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Gas Gas and Ossa Merger?

Sorry if this is a repost.

http://www.enduro360.com/2014/01/23/...as-ossa-merge/

Gas Gas Motos and Ossa Join Forces
gasgas1

Catalan companies, Gas Gas and Ossa merge to attract industrial and commercial synergies and develop new products.
The result of this merger, take Gas Gas production at its factory Ossa Salt, where current models of both brands will be distributed Girona. Gas Gas and Ossa share financial, technological and human resources, but the two brands maintain existing jobs, their names and operate in separate business networks to strengthen the leadership in the market for short-term trial.ossa
From this agreement and strengthening its position in the offroad industry at both trial bike as Enduro and Rally Raid, Gas Gas intends to revive the historic brand Ossa, not only at trial was but a motorcycle street that could be in the market in the next three years.
Gas Gas currently produces about 9,000 bikes per year and exports to 53 countries around the world, generating 500 direct and indirect jobs in Catalunya. 95% of its turnover comes from export trial bikes, enduro and raids totaling 26 models in its portfolio and presence in the world championships in all disciplines. After the rebirth of Ossa in 2009, three decades after its closure, currently produces 800 dirt bikes and four-stroke technology exports mainly to European markets consolidated.
RAMON PUENTE, CEO of Gas Gas
?In a globalized world with multinational companies, we decided to combine our companies from Catalunya to meet the demands of a highly competitive market. We have the people, knowledge and infrastructure in order to have a discourse on the bike. I think we can not abandon this historical legacy and we have to take responsibility to reposition the industry in its rightful place. ?
JOAN GURT, CEO of Ossa
?We have part egos left to create a project from Catalunya to allow us relanzarnos at all levels, both production and market. We need to further enhance the talent from the base and that?s why it was better to be together than apart. With this union will continue advancing and protecting the home industry. ?

Old 01-23-2014, 10:47 AM

Great post! Maybe GasGas/OSSA will be the first to market with a fuel-injected two-stroke after all.

I read in Trials and Enduro news last night that the worldwide trials bike market is down to 5500 bikes a year - tough to keep afloat at those levels for anyone, let alone OSSA at 800 bikes a year.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Would be even better if we could get a GG version of the ossa explorer
Old 01-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Great post! Maybe GasGas/OSSA will be the first to market with a fuel-injected two-stroke after all.

I read in Trials and Enduro news last night that the worldwide trials bike market is down to 5500 bikes a year - tough to keep afloat at those levels for anyone, let alone OSSA at 800 bikes a year.
I was personally surpirsed GG moves 9000 bikes a year. Chilly seems to have a luke warm opinion of the Gassers, but at least he gives them some decent exposure.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
Would be even better if we could get a GG version of the ossa explorer
^^^ +1
as long as its more explorer than pampera.

I've been investigating a Sherco enduro also.
I think the explorer is more of a trials modified for longer distances by adding a big tank and seat
I think that the Sherco is a smaller, scaled down enduro bike..
2014 Beta Evo Factory 300
Old 01-23-2014, 03:08 PM

Good news but it was expected for some time already - first public announcements about these plans were made almost 2 years ago. It seems that Ossa's production was less than 1000 bikes a year which is hardly economical even with production already consolidated to Salt.

It seems that GasGas tries to become "KTM of trial". Not so bad actually