Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 11-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
What happened to McKenzie to finish 108th?

Go well for older fellas now!
Not sure eh! He did bronze class last time they went over while JD smashed the silver out..

I think just finishing is an achievement in itself.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:24 AM

thanks guys this is all helping a lot, there are 3 of us doing it so we have a gentleman's agreement to try and stick together and help each other out were we can, yes the price is nuts!!!!!??? but all payed for now so the only big thing would be a new bike but the 250 is doing well at the moment.
I looked up the 40% rule and that's good to know, so I will be pushing us all harder when training now to try and get the most out of us all.
we are training in the gym working on core strengh twice a week now and riding a full day on sat or Sunday and will increase the bike time as much as we can
Again, Thanks for the input everyone it is much appreciated
Old 11-08-2018, 09:51 PM

I played state league level AFL(Aussie Rules Football) for 7-8 years. It was like a second job for little monetary reward but more just the comradery & love of the game. Our pre season training(running/conditioning) was pretty gruelling at times through summer(also having to meet skin fold testing requirements/heart rate monitoring/weights programs). The psychological side of it was half the battle. Tell yaself ya can do it & ya can. The mind is a poweful thing along with work ethic & discipline! Having someone to gee you up helps immensely.

One coach used to always say(& it was true), if someone pulled out early in a running drill, 'if I held a gun to your head or a family member's head you'd run like there's no tomorrow!' Very rarely is it physical exhaustion that stops ya, it's the thing bewteen your ears!