Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:07 PM

Angry What Happened To.........

good customer service?

Over the past years I have noticed a downward trend of customer service to us paying customers. It never seems to fail that no matter where I go to buy things I have to end up waitng on an employee to serve me.

Even in the line of work that I am in I treat all of my customers with the upmost respect and give them the benefit of the doubt at all times.

Yesterday I made a phone call to a certain company. Here is how it went.

Them: Answers the phone in a very rude tone "Hello"!

Me: Is Mr..... around?

Them: Yes but he is busy what do you want?

Me: What do I want? How about a nicer way of answering the phone you rude bastard! Maybe a how can I help you or maybe can I take a message!

This really pissed me off. I doubt very seriously that I will ever do business with this company again. This was my final straw with doing business with them. Everytime this jack ass answers the phone he has been rude with me and I for one will not tolerate it.

Sorry for the rant but it just really ticked me off.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:31 PM

There are places that still provide great customer service. Dennis Kirk, Hall's, Rocky Mountain, Skate Warehouse are a few that I'm very satisfied with.
For electronics (cameras, tvs, computers, etc.) check out:
http://www.resellerratings.com/

Having said that, I'm of the opinion that decent customer service is lip service for most companies.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:19 PM

Seems to be the norm everywhere these days! Picton gasgas are great but all the one's in my town suck the big one! Hence I know order my parts online and a friend who is great with bikes works on mine for me for $50 an hour.

Current ride 08 WR450F

Previous rides
06 EC 300
98 WR 200
16 year break
84 XL250
81XR75
GT80
Old 06-04-2008, 07:00 AM

I called a place the other day the guy answers (must be like a manager or something) we talk and I start explaining what I am looking for when his subordinate comes in and he starts talking to him and berating him for not being there and answering the phone and how its his first and foremost job for like 5 min..I wanted to say hello maybe you should think more about the customer you have on the phone rather than yelling at your employee which you could do once your off the phone.