Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:55 PM

Default what ever happened with the 08 ec300 christini?

i saw the one for sale on here a while back, and it said that two were made, and the other was kept for further testing. what happened to it? and what happened to the one that was sold? i think the awd bike idea is pretty cool (though i could never afford it) and so id like to hear what happened to the gasser/christinis.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Me too. I'd like to send them my frame/fork/tc for mods after I'm done racing this year. Whle all that is out, rebuild everything and have a fresh, cool scoot instead of buying a new scoot. If it were say $3000 for the mods, I could see doing it.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM

but would you be better off doing it with a 300? because dirtrider (or dirtbike magazine, i dont remember which) tested a ktm 250 christini, and said that it was underpowered and that the 300 would have been a better bike for it, now granted if i remember correctly this was an 09 (i think), and if i remember correctly the pumpkin 250 changed from a 38 to a 36mm carb in like 06 or something like that to get better lower end response, but it ruined the top end power.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM

The guy that bought it had a few posts on thumper talk awhile back. He sounded pretty happy with it. I think there were pics of it in the exotic section under a show your ride thread. Anyway a very cool bike.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:19 PM

I don't know if I'd be better off with a 300. Frankly, I don't think so, especially at my weight (160lbs). The 250 and 300 feel nearly identical but for that sweet tug off the very bottom. Power has no bearing on speed anyway. I can ride any bike the same velocity through the woods, some are just easier, and it has way more to do with chassis and suspension than anything else. That's why I like Gas Gas. The chassis fits my style.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 PM

i think they were referring to top end power. they said that the christini worked best when there was lots of power while the rear was spinning, and since the ktm 250 had a 36mm, as opposed to a 38, it didnt have the power to make the christini work to its full potential. let us know what happens if you do decide to get it, and let us know what the final cost is!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM

Will do. If the bike doesn't have enough power, it would be an interesting time to try the 275 stroker.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM

Sorry to bring back an old thread but thought I would let you guys know I'm the new owner of one of the bikes now
Old 04-17-2014, 08:06 PM

pics or it didn't happen.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 PM

I will try to get some pics up of it this week when I'm out of the boonies and have some decent internet access. But I am glad to say the bike is in great shape from the previous owner and has hardly any hours on it I'm guessing lower than 20 and I'm sure it even has the original tires on it. I took it for its first ride the other day and it is deffinatly a different style of riding so it will take some getting use to compared to my husky wr300. It's cool having the only one around though most people around have never seen a gas gas let alone a 2 wheel drive one.