Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 PM

Exclamation i think i fubar-ed some hydraulics, plz help!!

so my new to me ltr powoevalve and case saver came today thanks jim, very nice parts, fit great!
i put on the pv cover easy enough, was even able to reuse gasket..
that i started on the case saver.
(obviously) clutch fluid everywhere, expected that. so i get everything back together, had clutch still, but i was going to bleed it anyway, so i followed the manual bleed directions, squeez lever, release valve, tigten valve, release lever till no bubbles. problewm is, im an idiot so i loosened the whole bolt, not just the petcock. so i realized this mistake and started over. i did it for 2 hours, i even took off the lever, to be sure of full stroke. but, no clucth, at all.
tried pumping before releasing pressure, all with no effect.
so i went and got a"flavor injector" and put a tube on it to force it through. wouldng go, just built up pressure till the hose came off, and sprayed insanely slippery LAXATIVE (thats the only non petroleum mineral oil i could find) all over myself and the bike= not being able to hold on to tools or parts.
so i bought a nice mighty vac pump to suck fluid thru, like on auto brakes, and it would just build up pressure till the hose collapsed.
imo its obvious i have a blockage., i dont know how, im very careful about contaminating reservoirs.
so how to i purge my line (i cant afford a new one right now)
and another question is how much should squirt out when lever is pulled. the first one was massive, but all after that barely had enuf to make it out of the petcock.
im pulling my hair out, which in itself is causing more problems cuz i shave my head
i would love you forever if you could help me!

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:

Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Do you have any pictures? From your explanation, i am a bit confused when you say "whole bolt, not the petcock." do you mean you loosened the banjo bolt and not the bleeder which is on top of the banjo bolt?

1. is the banjo bolt tight? are the crush washers there and sealing?

2. did you take the slave cylinder off?

3. can you take the bleeder off of the banjo bolt, and see through it?

4. with the bleeder off, can you run fluid through the hose through the banjo bolt?

5. with the hose off of the master cylinder, and the bleeder back on, can you draw fluid through the hose with the mity-vac? (you can take a baggie, a zip tie, and make a fluid container which will allow fluid to be drawn through the hose).

5.5 is the cap on the master cylinder?

6. if you can draw fluid through the hose with the mity-vac, fill the hose, then reattach it to the master cylinder. Then slowly pump the master cylinder to bleed bubbles out of it.

7. try once again to draw fluid through the slave cylinder.

8. see if you have clutch action now.

I know that with my de300, the plates don't always release, so even though the pressure plate is away from the clutch pack, the clutch pack plates are stuck together. it seems as if the clutch cylinder isn't working, when in fact it is.

i hope this helps. if it doesn't, sorry.

blitz
Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 PM

took off bleeder, it had a tiny tiny little hole on the side near the bottom of the threads, it looked like it was a casting error, but it was there.could barely breath air thru it. i took a cone shaped dremel bit, and widened the hole out to a larger diameter, big enuf i could easily blow air through it. reinstalled, immediately noticed a change in spurt when pressure was released, took about 3 wimutes to bleed all the way, now i can start in gear easy, and idle in gear without feeling any drag at all!!
thanks for the advice blitz, just that tiny tiny bleeder hole was holding me back.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 07-02-2008, 05:19 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Yea! Glad to have helped. I broke my wrist, so i spend even more time on the web.

I see that you're from Montana. If I bring my daughters to Montana for a week of riding (provided that the cast comes off), could you point us to some riding areas? I assume we can find a week's worth of riding out there.

blitz
Old 07-02-2008, 09:48 AM

there is tons of riding here. most of the arger cities have tracks, pipestone has a track, a long trail and lots of ammenities. there are jeep trails that run through the entire state(actually go from canada to mexico) jult about anywhere there is dirt, there is an established trail. when were you thinking about coming here?