Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehuge View Post
If you give us your location/altitude/temperature then Jakobi might be kind enough to suggest a starting point for jetting, to give you a head start.

The standard no.7 slide is usually OK, so it"s a matter of trying different needles, main jets, pilot jets and clip positions. Most important to just make one change at a time, then test and keep notes so you don't get lost.

Make sure you're using a good quality full synthetic oil mixed at 50:1 (usually 50:1 but please check).

If you speak to your dealer (where you've just spent thousands) I would hope they'd help you out with supplying jets/needles at a discounted price! I wish GasGas and other manufacturers supplied a selection of jets/needles with their bikes

Congratulations on your new bike, it looks stunning, I'm very jealous!

Hi Thank you all for the info so far, I am pretty good with the spanners I have been around bikes for alot of years so most things are relatively easy to tackle, I am in Derbyshire, uk, I rekon we are 950 ft above sea level, temp god knows one day it 9' and the next in the 20s', I trail ride and do hare and hound stuff as well as time card events (Welsh 2 day enduro) etc.
I use top quality relatively 2T oils at 50:1 with regular pump fuel...

Old 10-23-2018, 09:12 AM

Ahhh, Derbyshire...a great corner of the world!

Personally I haven't tried the JD Jetting kit but I've heard alot of good reviews, a bit expensive for 2 needles and 4 main jets, but it should put you somewhere very close to the correct jetting. For your bike you'd need the JDG003 kit.

I've haven't seen them for sale in the UK, except on eBay with delivery from USA...

https://www.jdjetting.com/xcart5/jdg...category_id=65

On eBay... JD Jetting Jet Kit GasGas EC EX 250 300 2018 2019 Gas Gas JDG003... https://ebay.us/M2p95p

Alternatively, if you don't want to spend that much or wait for delivery from the USA, you could try these two needles. I believe they are close to the Red and Blue needles contained in the JD kit.

Red = NECJ
Blue = NEDJ

Can anyone confirm if I've got that right?

The NECW that DocBrown has just suggested is one step richer than the NEDJ, so would also be a good starting point. See the chart below...

chart.jpg
Old 10-23-2018, 09:18 AM

Just found this, these guys are supposed to be the UK dealer for JD Jetting Kits...

http://www.advantageoffroad.co.uk/

Maybe worth a call?
Old 10-23-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Just found this, these guys are supposed to be the UK dealer for JD Jetting Kits...

http://www.advantageoffroad.co.uk/

Maybe worth a call?

Hi I have just spoken to advantage and it turns out I know him, he is getting me a JD kit for next wednesday so fingers crossed... I have just set the float because it was out... should I put the needle on position 2 just to try it until next weeks delivery ???
Old 10-23-2018, 11:19 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Congrats to your bike, I bought the same one recently. Let the squish alone at the moment, you will get it dialed in soon. the high fuel consumption is due to the too high float level, as it has been said before.

Open the fuel tap, wait 10 seconds, then tilt the bike slowly until you reach about 45 degrees. You will see that fuel spills out of the carb much earlier at about 60 to 55 degrees. Then its time to set the float height a tad lower. I have no clue about your tech skills but its not very difficult.

Next get rid of the standard needle, its crap. If you are not someone who is a racer or do a lot of WOT riding, especially in deep sand I recommend you to spend a few bucks on a JD jetting kit.

Alternatively you can try a NECW needle which should work better than the standard one.

Its a brilliant bike, have fun with it.

Thats mine:

The bike looks great thanks for the advice...
Old 10-23-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrquick View Post
Should I put the current needle on position 2 just to try it until next weeks delivery ???
Yes, why not, it won't do any harm, I assume it'll still be rich so no chance of doing any damage.

Good luck with the JD Jetting Kit, how much was it?

Don't forget to let us know how you get on with it!

All the best, Dave.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, why not, it won't do any harm, I assume it'll still be rich so no chance of doing any damage.

Good luck with the JD Jetting Kit, how much was it?

Don't forget to let us know how you get on with it!

All the best, Dave.

Ooooops I didnt ask the price O well its for a good cause :-}
I will keep the updates coming as she progresses...
Thanks
Old 10-23-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrquick View Post
Ooooops I didnt ask the price O well its for a good cause :-}
I will keep the updates coming as she progresses...
Thanks
Tell him to get some kits for sale on eBay UK, as far as I can see he'd be the only person selling them in Europe! I might buy one myself!
Old 10-23-2018, 03:48 PM

Hi all
I have also just bought a 19 a week ago and a similar issue ...have done about 100 miles running it in and started to wind it up ready to race at the weekend ..i too noticed a very loud bang/knock from the cylinder when shutting off and rolling down big hills and dose not run very smooth when pottering on the road around 1/8 throttle .. ..l have dropped the pilot jet down to 40 which has made a bit of improvement and the spooge out of the exhaust has about gone ..but still have oiled two plugs..both while warming up the bike ...if my thinking is right it is still rich on the pilot as the engine starts instantly with out choke?

i am just going to check float height and try a 38 pilot jet as my next step ( my old 2012 racing i used to run 178 main 35 pilot and a EE needle ..but still was never good around 1/4 throttle )

at the moment I'm running Motul 800.. 90cc to 5 litres (55:1) 175 Main 40 pilot and the EF needle middle clip sea level about 12 to 14 degrees c. Isle of Man UK

any help would greatly appreciated ...apart from this jetting issue the bike is fantastic and definitely confidence building compared to the 12 :O)

Last edited by Herdy; 10-23-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Alternatively, if you don't want to spend that much or wait for delivery from the USA, you could try these two needles. I believe they are close to the Red and Blue needles contained in the JD kit.

Red = NECJ
Blue = NEDJ

Can anyone confirm if I've got that right?
Not really even close imo.

I measured up the JD needles. The blue is closer to an F diameter OEM needle. The red being around a H (slightly richer than the W).

JD needles are dual taper only, and lean off heavily towards WOT.

The Suzuki needles above are 3 taper and supply a load of fuel towards WOT.

A closer comparison to the JD Red needle would be the N3CH which you see many people are very happy with.