Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 10-12-2013, 09:24 PM

Default My new 6D helmet!

Hey guys I just picked up a new 6d as my troy lee was getting on the rough side and really liked the tech behind this helmet. A helmet that absorbs small smacks to the head with much less impact to your head along with angular movement helping no only your head but potentially your neck so I thought what the hell I'll go try one on. One thing I noticed when tring them on compared to troy lee, shoei, arai and fox was that the helmet is a little harder to get over your head almost as if the entry is made slightly smaller. However once it is on your head it feels like an x-large in all the other lines but is only a large in 6d sizing. The weight wasn't any better than the shoei or arai but the suomy just can't be beat for lightness from what I tried on but would sacrifice the little heavier helmet for the leap in protection. I took it out for a ride and the fit was awesome. I completely forgot I had a helmet on after a few minutes into the ride and I was really impressed with the venting. I tried 3 different brands of goggles on and they all fit within the helmet. I hope I never have to use the technology in the helmet but I'm sure that won't be the case, none the less even at a pretty pricey 800 bucks it is a killer helmet and to me nothing is more important than coming home to the kids after pushing myself in the woods so I'd really give them a look!

Old 10-13-2013, 02:08 AM

Nice looking. I have the flat matt black one. Best helmet I have ever had. The air flow is amazing and very comfy fit. I have the Oakley MX AirBrake goggles and they fit perfectly!