Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 01-09-2008, 03:24 PM

Question Norheast member ride ideas

Kick some around.

Seriously, here the terrain is awesome but its all illegal and a big group would attract to much attention. We have to operate like SEAL teams.

I don't have the time to chase points and can only do maybe 6 or so races a year. A tight race schedule is not a big problem for me. I do hit my favorites every year though.

ECEA enduro? Rattlesnake in western PA is great with great camping. Perhaps too far for some.

NETRA Enduro?

Hancock Dual Sport? This is NOT a typical dual sport, more like a 2-day trail ride, very cool.

Maybe some tralriding in New England in range of a campground would be the best.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:07 PM

How bout the CF charity ride up there in conn. or was it NH? Thats a 2 day fun ride.. I'll tow a trailer on the jeep Glenn..
Steve
Old 01-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Dont forget there is Reading anthricite land nearby. I'm planning on getting my permit soon as I can,, its $100per year and 20K acres or so of riding, from c trail to AA/pro level from broad mtn enduro. I'll ask my buddy who sets up the Jim Thorpe DS how he gets event type use of this area.. Maybe We can get a guest pass for out of towners or something?
Steve
Old 01-09-2008, 05:23 PM

Steve,

I had no idea that was still open for more permits. I want one, when is the sale date?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 PM

I have run the classic in the past,great event,this would be a great idea,dont they have a SMOG ride in NY every year? Im sure they would welcome us to the ride
Old 01-09-2008, 05:37 PM

A non-competitive event might be better, as we can shoot the s$%t over a few beers and there is no pressure.

Lets put some dates to these established possibilities when they are available.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:07 PM

Glenn,
I'll get the info on the permit, I got mine last year but never used it,, only rode 5 times all year,, this year will be different!!
Steve
Old 01-09-2008, 06:17 PM

If anybody is interested,, http://www.readinganthracite.com/
Click on the access permit for the pdf info,,
Steve
Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 PM

The NE Classic is a 2-day non-competitive ride. One day is usually an easier ride than the other. Camping and the start is at the NH Intl. Speedway. They usually have road bikes, karts, oval cars, etc. practicing at the track. It's a fun, laid back weekend.
Also, it is a charity event so some of you may be slick enough to write the whole thing off ? LOL.
Links:
http://www.cff.org/Chapters/newengla...ex.cfm?id=5669
http://www.mvtr.org/events/classic20...c2007album.htm
Old 01-09-2008, 07:23 PM

The NH Classic is a santioned national dual sport ride. All I can say is it's awesome. From easy to down right gnarly if you choose some of the hero sections like the "Back Door To Hell" section they ran one year. This year they got some good stuff back through some creative trail cutting I read. Ride 1 day or 2. Plenty of camping space and nearby motels etc. Special supervised course for kids while you ride and a big bike ride also

Hancock Dual Sport same situation. Awesome ride with great trails and all those hills. Camping is good but lodging a bit more spread out then the NH ride. Well worth the trip if you haven't done it. Did I mention the hills. Really cool.

Skidad in MA