Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Hebo fatbar dimensions?

Hi!

I am planning to install Acerbis Rally Pro handguards and I am confused about the different kits Acerbis offers for different taper bars. They offer a kit for Acerbis PHS, then another for Renthal fatbar, then another for Protaper, etc. Which one should I order for the best fit on the 07 OEM gasgas handlebar?

Thank you for any replys!

Leon

P.S. Why everyone on the WEC enduro is using simple, open style handguards? Right now I am using the UFO glen helen model and I haven't got yet any injuries from crashing trees. I am just worried of broken levers after crashes.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_gasgas View Post
Hi!
P.S. Why everyone on the WEC enduro is using simple, open style handguards? Right now I am using the UFO glen helen model and I haven't got yet any injuries from crashing trees. I am just worried of broken levers after crashes.

I've wondered about this and based on the comments from Gio Sala about the last north american rounds, and the fact he made the organizers cutback some small trees and reroute some sections (in Canada anyway) it appears that they like the sections to be wide enough for some speed without bar wagging passes thru trees and the increased risk of injury from clipping trees. That, plus the extra weight(minor), plus the fact the top guys don't crash very often.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:28 PM

I have the same question as Leon. I need some handguards. I'll probably buy the Cycras and maybe later add the BONZ, but there are many different tapers of tapered bars ( pro-taper, renthal, magura ).

What taper are the stock GasGas bars?

Thanks,

Josh
Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 AM

I wasted my money and time and bought the fitting kit (for Acerbis Rally Pro) for Magura bars because some info on the net mentioned that the hebos require similar kits as the Maguras. First of all the clamps that attach to the tapered portion of the bar are not tight at all. Then the inner diameter of the Hebo bar gets smaller after 2cm inwards thus requiring modification if you want to fit the long "inner tighters" from Acerbis. I modified them but still the whole set up was too sensitive during every crash.

I went back to the open style UFO glenn helens and added a rotator clamp for the brake. Now I have to carry with me an extra clutch lever and be a bit more careful when trees are really close to the path. Very soon I will cut off 1 cm of each side of the bar, too.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Hi!

I am planning to install Acerbis Rally Pro handguards and I am confused about the different kits Acerbis offers for different taper bars. They offer a kit for Acerbis PHS, then another for Renthal fatbar, then another for Protaper, etc. Which one should I order for the best fit on the 07 OEM gasgas handlebar?

Leon

Any one have the correct part ?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Hi!

Leon

Any one have the correct part ? Are they the same as KTM rental fat bar ?