Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-25-2019, 11:50 PM

Default Leatt MX 2020 GPX 5.5 Flexlock Motocross Boots

I'm thinking about buying new boots as I rolled my ankle last Saturday, as I get older my old Gaerne RX's just don't have the ankle support I need.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a new pair of Gaerne SG10's as I've been happy with how long my RX's have lasted, and I like the fit as my foot is quite wide(4e).

I was looking at TT this morning and saw a post about the Leatt MX 2020 GPX 5.5 Flexlock Off Road Riding Motocross Boots(they do look very Alpine Star'ish). Have any of you guys laid your hands on a set? Hows the feel and quality? The price seems very reasonable at $459 compared to the $550 of the Gaerne's.

I'm not to concerned about the $100 difference but if you can get more boot for less why not

If I can't find out much more about these boots in the next week I'll probably just stick with Gaerne.

Merry Christmas gents

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Leat...frcectupt=true

Old 12-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-ge...flexlock-boots
Old 12-28-2019, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
I'm not to concerned about the $100 difference but if you can get more boot for less why not
If you want a lot of boot for the money then you should check out Forma boots. They build boots (or at least the did) for the big names before releasing their own line. Quality is right there with Gaerne, and I think a bit better than Sidi, yet at a better price. Check out their Terrain TX Enduro or, what I have, the Predator 2.0 MX or Enduro version. The Predators are like SG12's in protection and weight.

'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 12-28-2019, 05:00 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
I'm thinking about buying new boots as I rolled my ankle last Saturday, as I get older my old Gaerne RX's just don't have the ankle support I need.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a new pair of Gaerne SG10's as I've been happy with how long my RX's have lasted, and I like the fit as my foot is quite wide(4e).

I was looking at TT this morning and saw a post about the Leatt MX 2020 GPX 5.5 Flexlock Off Road Riding Motocross Boots(they do look very Alpine Star'ish). Have any of you guys laid your hands on a set? Hows the feel and quality? The price seems very reasonable at $459 compared to the $550 of the Gaerne's.

If I can't find out much more about these boots in the next week I'll probably just stick with Gaerne.

Merry Christmas gents

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Leat...frcectupt=true

Don't buy boots with glued on soles if you're looking for longevity. Stay with boots that have the sole sewn on. That's been my experience.

RB
Old 12-28-2019, 06:35 AM

I do rather like the idea of sewn on soles and as for Forma, someone mentioned them on another forum that I'm on and I'll give them a serious look into.

Thanks for the tips gents
Old 12-28-2019, 10:15 PM

I have a “sponsorship” with Leatt and ordered a set of these boots at a huge discount. They are a great boot. Very similar in look, shape, and feel to a Fox Instinct boot. There’s one tiny little pressure point on my ankle that I sometimes notice but other than that, they are great. I also own SG-12’s. I find myself, at the moment, reaching for the Leatts when it’s time to ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
I have a ?sponsorship? with Leatt and ordered a set of these boots at a huge discount. They are a great boot. Very similar in look, shape, and feel to a Fox Instinct boot. There?s one tiny little pressure point on my ankle that I sometimes notice but other than that, they are great. I also own SG-12?s. I find myself, at the moment, reaching for the Leatts when it?s time to ride
Old 12-29-2019, 05:02 AM

Default For durability and protection you can't beat the SG-12's..

I had a pair of Alpinestar Tech 7's and in less than a year I chunked out the soles, broke some buckles, and beat up the toe boxes.. They were comfortable to walk around in but not confidence inspiring on the trail. My Gaerne SG-12's on the other hand, seem to be indestructible. They're not comfortable to walk around in but they feel great while I'm riding and they protect my feet much better than Alpinestars.. Sidi Crossfires are supposed to be good boots but one of my riding buddies that has them has bashed his big toe hard enough in them to lose the toenail and I don't see how that could be possible in the Gaernes..