Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 PM

Default Good beginner bike

I don't think these are available in the US but it would make a great beginner bike or a goof around do all bike.

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/es/trial/3...-randonne.html

Old 07-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

that looks pretty cool.. last year there was a video of a yamaha "tricker" that lookd alot like that.. i think it would be a blast...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Lankey, do you happen to have a house in Salida?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 PM

Looks like GG is competing with the Chinese market by the hideous looks of that thing. Beta used to make an entry level trials bike called the "Alp" and they offered a "long-range" kit for it that replaced the stock tank and seat with a larger set-up. It looked much nicer than this thing (and in person).
WTH

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadelliott View Post
Lankey, do you happen to have a house in Salida?
I've been to Salida CO if that's where your talking about but don't have a house there. In a year or two I plan to have a cabin in the San Isabel forest in CO.

Why do you ask?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
Looks like GG is competing with the Chinese market by the hideous looks of that thing. Beta used to make an entry level trials bike called the "Alp" and they offered a "long-range" kit for it that replaced the stock tank and seat with a larger set-up. It looked much nicer than this thing (and in person).
WTH
Open up your mind man, just because it does not appeal to you does not make it bad or ugly or cheap. it is VERY obviously a trials bike with a seat, which being a Gas Gas is a good thing.I have a gas gas trials bike and had a pampera( which i would not have sold except a close friend really wanted it).Not everyone is a AA enduro rider- and many of us female types have to chop the hell out of a true enduro( like i did to my EC300) in order to not be high centered over every bump.

"No one expects the spanish inquisition"
2011 GG xc300
GG TXT 321 trials
Guzzi V7
Old 07-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post
I've been to Salida CO if that's where your talking about but don't have a house there. In a year or two I plan to have a cabin in the San Isabel forest in CO.

Why do you ask?
I'm meeting Gasser next week in Salida to buy his EC300 and he mentioned his friend that he is going to visit and ride with lives there during the summer, just seemed like coencidence.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudwasp View Post
Open up your mind man, just because it does not appeal to you does not make it bad or ugly or cheap. it is VERY obviously a trials bike with a seat, which being a Gas Gas is a good thing.I have a gas gas trials bike and had a pampera( which i would not have sold except a close friend really wanted it).Not everyone is a AA enduro rider- and many of us female types have to chop the hell out of a true enduro( like i did to my EC300) in order to not be high centered over every bump.
Don't misunderstand me. I used to ride trials also and still favor the GG over the others. And I'm not even close to being a AA rider. I'm strictly a recreational rider. But at times I do ride hard (in my mind!)
One of the problems of the Pampera was Intermediate and better riders would buy them and ruin them because they weren't built to handle strenuos off-road riding. Then they would bi** about the poor quality of GG bikes in general because of their experience.
This bike appears to have a Chinese made engine (someone correct me if I'm wrong). It doesn't even have a full perimeter frame (the engine connects the forward half to the rear half of the frame).
Anything more than logging roads and it doesn't appear this will hold up well. And will again get negative reviews because of it.
Show me a long-range kit to put on one of the REAL trials bikes. Then I'll be impressed.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 07-21-2011, 08:59 AM

How is it different to the old XR200s which had the engine holding the frame like this gasgas?
Its being marketed as a trail bike, similar to an xr200, ttr etc. What is wrong with a chinese made engine? its all made under license and quality control conditions anyway. The husky/BMW 449 is made in taiwan
Old 07-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post
I don't think these are available in the US but it would make a great beginner bike or a goof around do all bike.

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/es/trial/3...-randonne.html
This is called the Randonne. It has a 125 air cooled four stroke Yamaha engine in it. The Japanese GG importer asked GG to build this for his market. GG decided that this should go to the trials importer here in the US and he decided not to order any. Not sure that I blame him. When my nephew Rod and I were over there in early June they told us that they may build one with a larger engine. I might be interested in bringing them in if they will let us. The seat can be taken off and made to be more "trials like". This bike would probably be ok with shorter riders but it is no way a full off road bike.

I hear a lot of times that a manufacturer should build a cheaper entry level bike for new riders. I disagree. That is what the used bike is for. I do think there is a market for a new bike for vertically challenged riders, though. We may tackled that project with the factory in the future.
Clay