Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thanks John!
That gives me some hope We ride in the pine forests just north of houston which is sugar sand with a liberal dosing of roots, big A** roots! Without a really good suspension you are clipping along one minute and then flying toward a tree the next (if the suspension doesn't work) and that has been the biggest issue with my KTM, it just seems to seize up on the big hits and you can't always dodge the roots because they are hidden or all the dust that just hangs for minutes

Old 08-31-2010, 06:55 AM

You are welcome. I don't do a lot of woods riding but our club has lots of members on KTM's. One rode my bike through our 8.5 mile single trail loop came back shaking his head. I was like, what happened, did it feel ok, something break? He said " na, I am just not looking forward to finishing out the day on my bike". He said "this thing is like cheating it handles so well". He thought I had it re-valved. I let him know it was all stock including the clickers at that point. He was amazed at how it light it turned and how light it felt in motion. His bike is a 2009 KTM 300 with rekluse pro, 54 rear sprocket, re-valved suspension, and other normal woods guards. When he got back on his bike he smiled and said "back to work". Please don't take this write up as a negative on the KTM's, I have never been on a KTM 2-stroke and think as many as they sell they must be doing something right.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:23 PM

From what I have gathered riding mine this season is that small and big hits are no problem for the stock suspension, it seems to be the repetitive mid size hits (read rocks) that create a harsh feeling in the front end. If you ride alot of sand or MX type stuff you probably won't even notice the harshness mentioned in other threads. Stock suspension is really quite good compared to others, depending on your weight. I thought the suspension felt really good on my buddies Nambo, but the Sachs isn't that far off and I'm pretty sure LTR could easily bring it up to equal or better for ALOT cheaper than a TTX kit. I do wish when I was in the states earlier in the year that I had sent my suspension to LTR for Les' magic touch but unfortunately there just wasn't time.

Wes.
85 RZ500
75 XL250
71 CB100
08 DRZ70 (son's)