Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:27 PM

Default LTR Enduro

The third round of the Texas State Championship Enduro Circuit is this Sunday somewhere between Post and Lubbock. This race was a NEPG event last year I'm not sure why that changed but I'm looking forward to racing there for the first time. I saw the television coverage of last years race and it has me excited to give it a go. I hope they run the B riders thru Rambo it sounds like fun.

Come out and join the fun if you can (unless your a fast +40b rider then please stay home) ill be on row 28, say hi if your there.
t

Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

ltr was the last enduro i rode before i got hurt in 1995..c1-c2 fracture..
it was always my favorite.. rambo land was a challenge , but fun..

that area has some great riding in it.. the national there last year was brutal..
over 100 and 40 mph wind gusts.. it was like being in a blast furnace.. a buddy heat stroked out on the trail and was taken to lubbock via ambulance..

have fun, it was always a great race..
Old 02-13-2012, 08:27 AM

Cold... 23 degrees when we started the race on Sunday at 9am. At the riders meeting a club representative told us of the fire the ranch had suffered explaining the long transfer sections and warned us that burned tree limbs do not bend so be very carful and don't get yourself stabbed. I met Richard Henrich at the start of the race on his very new looking 2011 Gas Gas. He was there to sweep the course and it was good to meet him (fortunately on the start line and not on the course). We started with a long transfer and everyone was complaining of frozen fingers and noses, i was really wondering if was tough enough to finish this one, there was no way i could stand this all day. But half way thru the first test section i was toasty warm even though it was sleeting, I remained warm for the rest of the day and was really over dressed, but i was afraid to remove any thing, as i was already wet from sweat. Next time i will have a better idea of what to wear, so this was a good learning experience. There were 5 test sections with the first four being relatively short and fast this is where the short course finished, the fifth test test was an AB only section. I won the first four tests despite blowing my front tire near the beginning of the four test, another testament to how good the tubliss set up is, it didn't slow me too much. A friend gave me his front wheel as he had blown his shock in the first test and was done for the day. After a quick change I was off again and now it was really snowing. It would snow about 3 inches in the next hour. As i began the last test it was visually quite disturbing with the large snow flakes coming down, additionally the snow was filling in the ruts making navigation very hard and it was difficult to see the course markings. Soon enough though Cole Kirkpatrick came blowing past me and knocked the snow off the top and that helped for a bit. As he past me there was a group of javelina pigs that broke our attention and we both blew the next corner. Quickly he was gone from sight and sound and his tracks were increasingly vague. It was getting very slick and was just limping home at this point but determined to finish. I did finish and somehow in a world that makes no sense at all barely held on for the win. About 6 inches of snow fell during the race I will remember this one for a long time.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a great day but cold. It surprises me how the weather can be so vastly different at different latitudes. Up here in the great white (interior of BC) yesterday it was in the low 40's and very sunny. Perfect days ride.

Did you know anyone with pictures of the race?
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 AM

Excellent race report!
My son and I raced the National in 2010. It was one of our favorite events of the year.
That sounds like a blast in the snow.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...59999065_n.jpg

This is a picture of Haydn and jennifer Franklin. you can see how hard its snowing, this wasn't at its worst.