Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default Powervalve Action

Hi everyone,

Looking for a quick reply. I've got the cylinder off the EC300 and cleaning it up for a fresh top end. I had disconnected the actuator arm from the powervalve assembly and removed making sure the arm was not lifted. It remains as it should as far as I can tell.

Now moving the power valve in the clinder off the bike, it appears the range of movement is only about the lower half, if I move the valve higher open it locks, wont return back down, and has to be wound right over to closed again. Is this normal? or should the valve be able to open and return, even outside its normal working area. Just want to make sure its not binding.

If I want to remove it how do I? I have removed the 2 locking bolts on each side. I assume these will have to go in, undo the center allen key, then release the 2 retaining ones.

Thanks in advance, Jake

Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM

Not sure about the rotation of the PV, but heres a disassembly guide. http://www.gasgasrider.org/pv_disassembly_mattr.pdf
Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Update: it was seized up with carbon. Have managed to clean it up while still in the head and it works well now. I wanted to disassemble but havent had any luck. Seems like a bit of extra work. Might leave it now as its working.

Followed this one.

http://www.gasgasons.com/index.php?s...c&staticID=133