Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2014, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Default Marzocchi 48mm CC - More learning

Doing a bit of work on a friends forks and thought I'd take a few pictures along the way for anyone who's interested. Perhaps a little info on whats what, and I'll try and snap some more on the bleed procedure once the new parts arrive.

These forks had previously been worked on by someone else and I haven't been overly impressed with the lack of attention to detail. Never the less, these things happen.

Upon receiving the forks I gave them a through inspection. Dropped the dust seals and cleaned them a bit. Neither leg appeared to be leaking after this.

Compression and Rebound settings recorded, and PFP as well. When going through these noticed all clickers had been assembled without the correct range of 26 clicks. They all varied from 20-24. The PFP on one leg was considerably firmer to turn, and when backing it out proceeded to come out a full 6 turns where the other only came out 2.

I set the clickers back and PFP at 2.5 and rode the forks for a 120km loop to get a feel for how they were working. They felt very plush but also had that similar feeling that stock forks have. I can't describe it well but it feels like a lot of bleed. The forks rode quite well but I think they would definitely be better with an increase in spring (which we plan to do).