Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 04-12-2009, 01:36 PM

Default Fork ?

I have an 06 GG EC 250 with marzok forks. I just had the suspension revalved front and rear. There was a small amount of play between the inner and outer fork tube before I took them to the suspension shop. The mechanic serviced the forks, including seals, and revalved them. He said ever thing looked good with the bushings and so forth. The only thing noticed was the black coating on the right inner tube was wearing off. He didn't seem to be concerned a great deal with this. After getting the forks back and installing them back on the bike the play is still there. Is this normal?

Old 04-12-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbone View Post
I have an 06 GG EC 250 with marzok forks. I just had the suspension revalved front and rear. There was a small amount of play between the inner and outer fork tube before I took them to the suspension shop. The mechanic serviced the forks, including seals, and revalved them. He said ever thing looked good with the bushings and so forth. The only thing noticed was the black coating on the right inner tube was wearing off. He didn't seem to be concerned a great deal with this. After getting the forks back and installing them back on the bike the play is still there. Is this normal?
I don't know if you should be able to feel it but there will always be some play but it should be tiny. Have you checked it's not your head bearings or even wheel if you're pulling on the wheel to feel for it.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 PM

This is normal, both the slight play and also the coating wear.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:42 PM

I had a buddy who is also a mechanic look at it also, he has never worked on marzok forks only jap stuff. He was telling me this play was excessive, he said he had never seen a mechanically sound jap fork with play like this. Thanks for the info though it eases my mind!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:41 PM

my 06 300 has some good fork play, its normal. its because the two bushings are right next to each other when fully extended. When the fork compresses the bushings travel in opposite directions and the stanchions "tighten" up.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:43 AM

Red, interested in what type of riding you had revalved for, also do you know what your shim stacks ended up like?

Cheers

Sooty
Old 04-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Default revalve

I ride enduros and harescrambles. Most of my riding is in North Carolina. Don't know what my valve stack looks like. I had Bruce Triplett do the work for me. brucessuspension.com