Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 08-18-2010, 08:28 AM

Default Fuel Pump Fuse (A8) on GG450 blowing

Hey Guys,

I got an interesting one for ya. I have a 04 GG450 FSE and everytime I turn my key on to start my bike, the fuse in the right-side panel keeps blowing. The fuel pump "sound" your bike makes when you turn the key on is not there. It is a AC-10 and it is labeled on the plastic connector as "A8". I do not have a wiring diagram for my bike to see where it goes or any other detail about it. All i know is that it blows.

I did notice when I take out the connector and lossen the wire a little bit, then put a new fuse in and turn the key on, the fuel pump "sound" will be there and then I can start the bike. But within 30 seconds of riding it and accelerating, the bike will bog and cut out and then I can't start the bike again and the fuse is blown. When I turn the key on again after that, it just "clicks" and no fuel pump sound.

FYI - the headlight and other lights work fine with the key on, and when I have the technoresearch software and cable hooked up, the tests run all PASS and the battery volts show 12 and no error codes present.

Thanks for all your help! I'm dead in the water without it

Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Put an amp meter in line where the fuse goes and see what readings you get.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmonkey View Post
Put an amp meter in line where the fuse goes and see what readings you get.
If the fuse keeps blowing when the key is turned on, what can I expect the readings to show? too much current? How would it detect if it was a short in the wires?

Thanks,

Crankin04
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

The fuel pump is the only thing in that circut after the fuse.An ampmeter reading off the scale+ indicates a dead short of the wiring or seized pump.A high reading(10+amps) indicates an overloading or seizing pump.
Keep in mind that this circut is tachometric.ie is only on a few seconds after 'key on' and when crankin(04) and running.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmonkey View Post
The fuel pump is the only thing in that circut after the fuse.An ampmeter reading off the scale+ indicates a dead short of the wiring or seized pump.A high reading(10+amps) indicates an overloading or seizing pump.
Keep in mind that this circut is tachometric.ie is only on a few seconds after 'key on' and when crankin(04) and running.
Remove your saddle and disconnect the fuel pump connector. Insert a new fuse, key on, and see what happens. If the fuse blows, you have a wiring harness problem. I fnothing happens, try yanking the harness to provoke a short(if there is one)
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM

Turned it to be my fuel pump plug had some wires touching that kept shorting it out and blowing the fuse. I put electrical tape around each wire and spread them under my seat and now it doesn't blow anymore.

Thanks for all your help!

Crankin04