Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:53 PM

The previous platform GGs (pre '12) were more stable and turned better than a KTM not to mention suspension. The '12 chassis takes it to another level. I rode over 30 miles of rocky PA mountain single track yesterday with Cruiser in the pouring rain, and the bike was totally connected like nothing I've ridden before.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

One thing that nobody has mentioned is that possibly due to the smaller population of GG bikes out there is that although there is less choice regarding aftermarket parts and protection bits the bits that are available work well (the cr@ppy parts just don't last in this small market I suppose)

Also unlike the orange brands you do not find "experts" at every turn. The guys advertising that they work on GG know what they are doing. Since I have been on this forum I do not think I have seen any rants about poor service or poor workmanship - you don't rip off your family!

PS at Erzberg you will see lots of ktms then the next most popular is GG (although with them constantly changing the colour scheme it is not as obvious as the shades of orange), then there is a fairly equal mix of huskys, betas, they are not as "exotic" as in the rest of the world. Incidentally erzberg has only ever been won by ktm and GG
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoss View Post
singletracker, I have owned a variety of KTM's myself, 04 300, 05 250 E, 05 200 E, 06 300W, 07 250SX, 07 250SXF. Your description is what I keep reading. If I could buy a bike and it work like that with little expense, then that would make up for the loss in resale everyone keeps talking about.

Clay, I would like very much to ride one, but it's a 6 hr drive, almost 400 miles one way. IDK if I would have the time any time soon. I would want to have mine sold and some money saved before making that trip. I need to check our local HS series board to see if anyone has one I can throw a leg over.
Let's stay in touch. I am going to Atlanta next week to pick up a 200 so I will have it if we can hook up sometime. Let me know.

Jakobi....that offer is open to any time you want!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Let's stay in touch. I am going to Atlanta next week to pick up a 200 so I will have it if we can hook up sometime. Let me know.

Sweet. Just pop by with a 2013 200 any time. I'll make sure I'm here! Might even have a few beers and some money for you too!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
The previous platform GGs (pre '12) were more stable and turned better than a KTM not to mention suspension. The '12 chassis takes it to another level. I rode over 30 miles of rocky PA mountain single track yesterday with Cruiser in the pouring rain, and the bike was totally connected like nothing I've ridden before.
Couldn't agree more. It seems that the more snotty and junky the trail gets, the better these bikes like it.
I have a 2009 Husky TXC310 which is very well set up and has been a very good bike for me. However, since I got my '12 250ES, the poor Husky is just collecting dust.
Some of my riding buddies are usually just a bit quicker than me(on KTM's), but when it get wet and nasty, I leave them sitting, cause this bike rides so well.
Now, here's the problem. One of them is seriously looking at a 2013 GG. I know he'll love the bike, but he'll instantly be faster than me again (in the crap)if he gets one. It's a real dilemma for my pride darn........LOL
Old 09-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Sweet. Just pop by with a 2013 200 any time. I'll make sure I'm here! Might even have a few beers and some money for you too!
I meant for you to come here!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks. Anytime you can get closer, that is a possibility. I ride often enough, just have a hard time getting away for very long with family stuff going on.

It would be great to have a ride on one before selling mine, motivation I guess.

Speaking of nasty offroad. I used to like to ride gnarly trails, and the worse it was, the better the bike worked, my 05 200. Seems the newer 08 is more moto, fast trails designed, from the ergos to the susp. I know it was an SX before I got it, but I have pretty much transformed it into an XC and valved it for offroad. However, it still doesn't really like the slow and technical stuff as well.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I meant for you to come here!
Just stirring! If I find myself in your land I'll probably be so maxed out on BBQ and beer I doubt I'd be able to get my leg over a bike. Hahah!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Just stirring! If I find myself in your land I'll probably be so maxed out on BBQ and beer I doubt I'd be able to get my leg over a bike. Hahah!
I can do that too!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoss View Post
singletracker, I have owned a variety of KTM's myself, 04 300, 05 250 E, 05 200 E, 06 300W, 07 250SX, 07 250SXF. Your description is what I keep reading. If I could buy a bike and it work like that with little expense, then that would make up for the loss in resale everyone keeps talking about.

Clay, I would like very much to ride one, but it's a 6 hr drive, almost 400 miles one way. IDK if I would have the time any time soon. I would want to have mine sold and some money saved before making that trip. I need to check our local HS series board to see if anyone has one I can throw a leg over.
I'm not sure if you ride any national enduro's but I'm 99% sure that Clay will be at the Gobbler Getter in Alabama the first weekend of November. That would be an easy way to get to ride a new GG and be able to race the best enduro in the southeast...