Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:27 AM

Default And Another

Picking up my first Gas Gas, a leftover EC300, on the 22nd. After 30+ years of running Japanese MX bikes offroad it is exciting to get something that is built for that purpose. I'm too old and don't ride enough to every touch what this bike can do but I am not getting any younger and time waits for no one.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Picking up my first Gas Gas, a leftover EC300, on the 22nd. After 30+ years of running Japanese MX bikes offroad it is exciting to get something that is built for that purpose. I'm too old and don't ride enough to every touch what this bike can do but I am not getting any younger and time waits for no one.
Glad to hear your making the switch. Thanks for buying a GasGas!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatYoga View Post
I've been lurking on the forum for over a month now as I did research on bikes.
I was set on a 300 2T, and looked very hard at the KTM, Beta and GG.

I'm proud to say that I am officially a GasGas rider as of today!

Just closed a deal with Paul at County Cyle on a 2014 XC300 Race Edition.
He is turning it into one of his woods weapons - Carbon pipe guard, Scott's submount, shark fin, BPD radiator guards, EE Evolution hand guards with BRP bar mount kit, BRP Memory chain guide, Shorai Lithium battery, and a Rekluse Core EXP 3.0.

I can't wait to get on the starting gate at my local HS with this awesome weapon - if only my riding skill was anywhere near the point of being able to take advantage of it!

This forum has been a great resource, and Paul and County Cycle have been fantastic to work with.

Needless to say I'm a wee bit excited to lay my grubby mitts on the new steed. Bike should be here week after next.

Pictures coming soon...
I'm in the middle of prepping my 300 as well. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your scooter. Thanks for buying a GasGas!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:29 AM

Picked up my new bike (13 EC 300) Saturday from Smith's Powersports. Really nice group of people. Last night got five inches of snow. This plus still recovering from a broken leg so may be some time before I can even cheat and take a little spin down the street and back. Killing me but in the meantime I plan on tearing into the linkages and making sure they are greased up. Beautiful machine, can't wait to get it filthy. Rambling over. Time to hobble to garage and stare at bike.....
Old 03-26-2014, 09:36 AM

Congrats man. Are you in the Pittsburgh area? I live in Acme but work at Pittsburgh airport.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Picked up my new bike (13 EC 300) Saturday from Smith's Powersports. Really nice group of people. Last night got five inches of snow. This plus still recovering from a broken leg so may be some time before I can even cheat and take a little spin down the street and back. Killing me but in the meantime I plan on tearing into the linkages and making sure they are greased up. Beautiful machine, can't wait to get it filthy. Rambling over. Time to hobble to garage and stare at bike.....
Im gonna take a shot in the dark here and ask, the 955I in your name wouldn't be because you had once or still do own a Triumph?
Old 03-26-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Congrats man. Are you in the Pittsburgh area? I live in Acme but work at Pittsburgh airport.
Thanks, I'm really excited to have this bike. No, I'm in the Akron, Ohio area. Smith's had what I thought was a pretty good deal on the bike and the trip wasn't far so I made the trek out there. Good people and a cool dirt bike only shop. Haven't been to one of those in years. Have the bike, now just need to line up places to go riding.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:59 AM

Yeah they are great there. I was going to talk you into letting me ride if you were close LOL.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Im gonna take a shot in the dark here and ask, the 955I in your name wouldn't be because you had once or still do own a Triumph?
Yes, indeed I do. It is a 2003 Speed Triple. I never understood people who hung on to the same bike forever until I got the S3. Bike still puts a smile on my face every time I'm on it.

Too early to tell but based on what I've read it sounds like my new EC should be the same in a dirt bike kind of way. I'm a glass half full kind of guy so I'm sure it will be good. Is there even such a thing as a bad dirt bike?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Yeah they are great there. I was going to talk you into letting me ride if you were close LOL.
If we are ever in the same area and you happen to bring along that PE you have a deal.