Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-05-2017, 12:10 PM

Default Gasgas fse450 ignition problem

Hello Guys, first of all i want to excuse me for my bad english but I'm a Gasgas-Rider from Germany. Or more likely I would like to be one.

So now to my Problem: My Gasgas isnt starting but thats not the main Issue.

I switch the Ignition ON( I have no lock just a switch) but after 3 Seconds the ignition turns OFF in the same moment as the fuelpump stops working.

If someone has a clue what this could be, I would be happy if u share it.

I think its a problem in the electric system but I didnt found the Error just yet.

If this is normal then i have just an error in my logic. But the next Problem is if connect my PC to the Gasgas with Guzzidiag or with the Reader it never connects. The cabels are ok and there is no driver issue at all. On other bikes its working.

Old 05-05-2017, 02:43 PM

Hi,

That's totally normal, bike switches fuel pump and everything on and then is on standby mode. If you push the starter button then everything comes alive again Or if you even gently push the kickstarter, then the pump should start again for few seconds....if not then there could be problem with ECU connector or pick-up coil.
In GuzziDiag check if the program sees the cable:
Go: File - Preferences and then is it showing COM port? (should show "Port 7" or different).
Do you have correct motorcycle chosen from there also. I usually choose Breva 750, it uses the same ECU as GasGas.
Just in case, what year is your FSE?
Old 05-05-2017, 03:45 PM

THanks for the Answer. Thats it the Standbymode i got already. My Fse is 2006. I tested mostlikely the IAWReader but this doesnt worked anyway. i had Ignition of for min 10 s as writen in the programm. then turned ignition on (Fuelpump didnt start-->thats right) but then it didnt connect. I did this over and over again. Same in Guzzidiag but had there less tries.

The COM PORT I've choosen is the right one tested different drivers for the cable aswell.