Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:28 PM

Default New to Gas Gas - 2010 EC250F 4T

I bought my first ever dirt bike, a used 2010 EC250F just last weekend. Brought the bike home Sat night and went riding Sun afternoon. LOADS of FUN!

I come from several decades of road racing and sport bikes via 5 years on supermoto. I've got a WR250X and liked the idea that the Gas Gas uses a WR250F motor.

Couple of questions regarding what I'd call "consumables":

My understanding is the motor is a 2006 spec WR250F. So I assume I can simply buy things like spark plugs, oil filters to fit the Yamaha? Also hoping that the shifter is a Yamaha part?

Does the brake pedal come from another bike? I'd also like a spare set of brake, clutch levers as these are sure to get broken at some point. It would also be nice to source a spare set of front brake pads as well.

The guy I bought the bike off didn't seem to know much about fixing or tuning. He had all the suspension adjusters at full soft .... except the shock compression damping .... because I suspect he didn't know there was an adjuster at the bottom of the shock.

So I have a bunch of stuff to go through and check to make sure everything is OK. But its all good cause I got a smoking deal on the bike. Apparently it was purchased new in 2012 so has only seen a couple of years of use to this point.

Looking forward to getting out to ride again soon!

Old 08-22-2014, 12:56 AM

Shifter is all Yamaha, and likeyo said it is an 06 WR. I have ordered just about everything for it including the YZ exhaust cam. Brake pedal is all GG. Gofasters is good for sourcing parts. Halls if you live near Springfield usually has everything in stock. Afterhours (Site Supporter) is very helpfull with all your GG needs.

There is a crossover parts link on the main page.

Welcome
Old 08-22-2014, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the purchase.

No real life experience with the 4T range, but the nissin calipers all use crossover pads/pins/consumables - You just need to work out which ones! I'm guessing it would be the same as the 2010 onward 2T chasis. Same goes for wheel bearings, any suspension consumables/settings.

PS. Adjuster on the lower shock clevis is the rebound. 48mm OC Sachs forks = Compression on bottom, rebound on top.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
PS. Adjuster on the lower shock clevis is the rebound. 48mm OC Sachs forks = Compression on bottom, rebound on top.
Thats good to know re the Sachs shock. My bike has Marzocchi forks (not certain of the size but I believe 48mm?)

I will have to find the crossover parts list now.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:17 PM

If you have Zokes they are the older 45mm Shivers.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Last edited by twowheels; 08-26-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
If you have Zones they are the older 45mm Shivers.
Thanks, that helps