Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Official date set for Oregon gathering

The official date is Friday April 30th, and Saturday May 1st.

Since I have not talked to Gary from GP Cycle yet, my tentative plan would be to take Rick and his Kalifornia Krew, plus Roscoe to the Alpine trail on Friday (that is, if it's only the four of us, more is sketchy). Then host the big event on Saturday at Shotgun. We can split the group for skill level if need be.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Old 03-09-2010, 02:19 PM

I have since talked to Gary from GP Cycle. Since his schedule sucks, I'm just going to make the plan. We're doing this at Shotgun on Saturday, may 1st.

Roscoe and Rick are slated to come into town early, so I'll lead a small group of polite, skilled riders on my favorite trail in the world, on Friday, April 30. This Friday ride will be a social pace. It is imperative that we leave no trace. It's legal, but I want to keep it.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Cool Mike I have marked my calender and will need directions, instructions, what ever it takes to get me there. I also need to know where I can camp with my small motohome, it is 100% self sufficing.
I may bring one other rider with me or my wife, I don't know yet. My wife would not ride on Friday but If Saturday isn't too bad she would do just fine. I just took her and another Gal to Tahuya and put them through 40 miles of mostly Singletrack and they kicked butt. Any other guy I bring will be of my caliber of ability.

Washington ORV tabs OK down there or do I need something else.

I'm stoked,

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 PM

All other state tabs are reciprocated. Yes, all cool.
I'll PM you with details and directions. You can park your motorhome at my house. I have room for you and Rick.

One thing that I'll beat and beat. Alpine trail will not be a trail race, it will be, enjoy the heck out of a hiking trail, no spinning, roosting, skidding. Especially no falling off of any cliffs, of which there are a couple. NO DYING!

I generally only take A level riders or better. There are some of them that I wouldn't either, because showing off is more important than simply enjoying the trail.

I hate to sound like a snob, but this trail is open because of a great relationship that has been built with the district ranger of the area. We already lost my old favorite trail, which was even more epic.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Cool no worries. I will try not die and I am good at tip toe riding, I own a Gas Gas the most tractable 2 stoke going.
We have some epic cliff riding up here in Washington. I would be glad to show off sometime. It is high mountain so it is a July-September time frame only.

I'm not fond of cliff riding but do it to get to the epic views and Single track that come with those areas.

We did have a cliff death up here last year on the backside of Mt. Cliffty a seasoned rider/ Racer up from California who races the Baja. I guess he clipped the wall with his bars at speed and left his group permanently.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:11 PM

YIKES!!!!!

I am sure no one will die on our ride. If I feel someone of our group is unsafe, I'll turn them around before we reach any cliff. Fortunately, the cliffs are easily traversable, and you'd be hard pressed to clip your handlebar. I just want to stress that this is no place for a person who is not careful, or of low skill level. You know how it goes I'm sure. I do have full confidence in you Roscoe, and in Rick. It's just when it comes to someone you've never ridden with, you just have no idea.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs