Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Leatt makes some nice ones that go inside a boot and don't take up much room. I have the 3DF model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll check them out, thanks!

Old 10-04-2015, 12:02 PM

I have a pair of leatts and I really like them. They are not the 3DFs but the dual axis. The hard armor is nice and for a full size knee/shin armor they are not bulky. I had Thor force knee gird previously and they were giant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
So what knee/shin guard are you using, and what brand boots? Lots of mt bike riding in my youth, produced some big calves. I can barely get the straps on my boots latched, (even now as an old man losing muscle mass by the second) much less use shin / knee guards.
[IMG][/IMG]

The speartip was stuck in the vent slot above the one I'm pointing at, which is the first one exposed above the boot top. The MSR guards have some nice protection and are great while riding, but hopefully I never have to walk too far in them since the hinge mechanism is a little awkward. They fit pretty good into my Gaerne G-React boots.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:00 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

The speartip was stuck in the vent slot above the one I'm pointing at, which is the first one exposed above the boot top. The MSR guards have some nice protection and are great while riding, but hopefully I never have to walk too far in them since the hinge mechanism is a little awkward. They fit pretty good into my Gaerne G-React boots.
Yeah I can see where these would be a PITA if you had to take a walk wearing them. Good looking guards, but I would never be able to latch the boot straps. Thinking about trying some of the knee guards the trials guys wear. Thanks for sharing this info!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:48 AM

I wear EVS RS8 Pro knee braces, they fit well inside my cheap Thor Ratchet boots. Very nice mid-level knee brace with adjustable end limits, and great armor / padding. Also wore them inside AS Tech10's last year with no problem.