Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:12 AM

Maybe it was 8 degrees Glenn. I know it was up there though. Or maybe I confused it with something else.

It was a very informative conversation. Shoot I thought just go out there and run it in the "Sunny" mode. I won't now, unless I find my self clutching the bike all the time.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Well, she woke up big time! I removed the spacer, then scoped out what he had in there. To my surprise, it had a 148 main jet with a 40 pilot, and a CG K needle with the clip on the leanest (bottom) notch. No flippin' wonder it didn't have any ass off the bottom. But it did bring a smile to my face. That meant there was a ton of power in there waiting to get out and it was easy and cheap to bring out.

So a buddy of mine brought me a LTR 1? needle a 175 and 180 main and a 45 pilot out to the camper on Friday night. On Saturday morning the 175 MJ went in, LTR 1? in the 3rd clip, and the 45 PJ. Niiiiice improvement. Had much more bottom end, well hell everywhere. Today I put the 180 in, and dropped the needle down one notch in the 2nd position. Even better, especially in 3rd gear. I think I ended up somewhere around 2.5 turns out on the air screw. Before I used to have to clutch 2-4 times coming out of a corner to get it to get up and go, now it is maybe once, and that is it. Lost of pop at the twist of the throttle. Very nice. However, I think the 180 is bit on the rich side, lots of spooge, so I am going to get a 178 and see what happens with a few clip changes on the needle. Should have it dialed by the end of next weekend.

Thanks Glenn for your assistance. These 250's are pretty strong. Now I have to go back and adjust my suspension. It handles differently now with the additional boost.

Also I can't wait to let the guy I bought it from ride it next weekend. He is going to die. He messed with his jetting on just about everyride. I am talking needle changes, slide changes, pilots, mains, you name it. He never could get it to run like he wanted. So I am interested in seeing his face after he rides it.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 AM

A 148 main with a C series taper needle in a 250???

Your lucky it didn't seize!

Don't jet by spooge, jet by feel. Spooge will appear very differently in SA vs. straight silencers, and varies greatly with oil brand. These bikes seem to make the best torque with what appears to be slightly rich jetting. 178 -180 with the LTR -01 is where they usually end up.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:17 AM

I would like to go on the record and appologize to anybody that read my 1st post about the 8 degrees. I did confuse it with something else.

The diference of the 2 modes is about 3 degrees. The main thing is that you have to adjust your jetting for one or the other to keep from running to lean or rich. I will adjust mine for the "Rain" mode and just use the "Sunny" setting if needed.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:59 AM

Mine seems jetted about perfect in both modes. Really not a big difference, in most cases I have to try and feel the difference. Biggest difference is in the sand, where the bike comes on the pipe a little quicker in the Sunny mode. I switched back and forth quite a bit when it went from open to tight trail, but had to look at the switch to be sure what mode I was in. Plug looks textbook perfect, I aint messin with it. Like I said I think this is more of a tool to manage a 300.

The 3 degree advance is most likely not static, but a difference at one or more points in the map (timing vs. RPM). Judging by how high the bike revs and still makes power in Sunny mode I would say that it is not applicable to the high RPM range, as more advance usually kills this. Midrange most likely.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I don't mind a little spooge, but it is too much right now. It is dripping on my brake rotor/caliper. I think a 178 will be money for hot weather.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F