Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:51 PM

And I run my 625 sxc down all the trails I took my 250ec,, just isnt as perty and when I get her going at full trail pace the weight of the bike makes me miss corners.. gets ugly,,,, the 515/450 is way lighter/smaller than the LC4 ktm's add an oil cooler and you should be set...
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
And I run my 625 sxc down all the trails I took my 250ec,, just isnt as perty and when I get her going at full trail pace the weight of the bike makes me miss corners.. gets ugly,,,, the 515/450 is way lighter/smaller than the LC4 ktm's add an oil cooler and you should be set...
Yeah I agree. "Almost" everything I take the 2 stroke I could take my 625 SXC "if" I really wanted to. Geared down it's a quite competent trail bike but at 300lbs dry with no guards etc. when it starts to go down you just let it go.

The GG 450/515 would be a nice dual sport bike and hopefully they do get the proper EPA stuff straighened out. Many states you could probably pull it off now with some work (lots of guys buy the KTM XCW 450/530 and do this vs. buying the legal EXC version) but it's a good selling point now to have it actually legal from the factory. Husky's are street legal and even the Husabergs might be 50 state legal. Not sure on that one and the tank is a HUGE issue on the Berg not to mention no backup kicker and it wont run without a good battery. The GG will I read.

Cruiser...the desert 450 is a special order bike only. I'll bet if you really wanted a 515 motor they could do it. That's a sick bike huh?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 AM

well when it comes right down to it the fse/fsr bikes are dual sports. They have the following from the factory...
speedo
odo
keyed ignition
steering head lock
turn signals
high low beam head light
taillight with brake
e-start
ect...

now do most people use them for that? prob not, GG is known as such as ready to race out of the box brand that I think the 450 gets a little lost.

I think the 450 has alot of nice little features that make it nifty little niche ds bike. Could you use a drz or lc4 to do the same thing? yes but having that racing edge to the bike makes it all the more appealing to me. I've owned a drz and a 640 adv, I've also owned a 400exc. The ktm 400 was my favorite for trails and forest roads, I'm hoping the GG 450 will be even better! There is just something so nice about a lightweight that has some guts to it!

If you wouldn't hesitate to ds ride at 4t ktm exc then the 450fse/r is your bike!

The mso on my bike was no sweat to get changed to regular street legal title in TN.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:43 PM

Yup my 625 is just a little heavy,, but when the Dr's gave me the OK to ride a street bike,, I got one,, to me the 625 IS a street bike.. I would really like to special order a 515 desert,, that would be one nice DS bike,, bigger tank,, taller top gears,, and still light compaired to the LC4.. If husky's werent so tall.... I'm hoping the GG will get the FSR's dot legal,, that would make the brand take off IMO,, that is the thing in the ECEA enduros,, must be "street legal" and its getting harder to get bikes legal in many states.. An option besides ktm and husky would be nice..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 01-21-2010, 12:24 AM

One tooth higher on the front sprocket on a standard GG 08 450 gets you 65mph under 7000RPM and over 100-105mph in top, one problem with the gasser is above 6000RPM a bit of vibration comes through the bars, very noticable on the sealed roads, i have road tyres fitted over the summers months and altho better i prefer speeds under 65mph for a smoother ride.