Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:07 PM

Default chain tensioner

On the bottom of the swingarm is the chain guide, tensioner. On that is a roller. Mine is broken, but is it worth replacing. Seems pretty weak. How many have changed, and if so to what.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Those guides are better than anything i've used. Other than replacing the roller on occasion they are trouble free. I have the rollers in stock if you cant get them through regular channels.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:11 PM

I swear by the LTR guide. Super durable!

LTR Chain Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CNC machined from 6061 aluminum billet, the LTR chain guide holder allows the use of a durable Honda designed chain guide on all Gas Gas enduro models. This allows the use of a guide from Honda, Moose Racing, or UFO. This is a very rugged design that lasts seasons, not events. You will never again have to stop and bend your guide back into place. Why spend another $40 to ‘rebuild’ or $100 to replace the old style unit? Easily accepts an O-ring chain on the 2002 models.
$64.95 Holder
(includes all mounting hardware for Honda guide, recommended)

Weight: 160 gr ~ 5.6 oz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LTR Chain Guide

The LTR chain guide holder mounts to existing bolts on swingarm without modification. The holder includes the hardware to mount a Honda OEM guide and replaceable slider.

The holder allows the rider to choose from a variety of guides on the market. LTR recommends the use of the Honda OEM guide that is a plastic/hard rubber design. The Honda OEM units are in stock at LTR and sell for $30.00

Honda P/N
52146-KT1-770 Guide, chain
52147-KN5-005 Slider

If you choose to use the Honda OEM guide, the Hard Rubber chain block is durable and quiet when compared to aftermarket guides which use a hard plastic chain block. It is very durable and will last multiple seasons of riding.

On major impact, a groove in the Honda OEM guide (and several of the others available) wraps around the sprocket to maintain alignment of the guide and chain.

Allows for the use of an O-Ring Chain on 2002 gasgas models.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:45 AM

the gasgas style chain guard is superb in design to those "honda style" guards. it works very fine in a motocross or very light enduro usage but on a really "suomienduro" (finland style enduro) the roller fron gasgas is only way to go.

here they buy gasgas or husqvarna guards on every one honda,suzuki,kawasaki,ktm,beta,etc enduro to see racing.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:26 PM

I have the Moose Racing guide on mine with no complaints...
Old 11-28-2006, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmonaut View Post
the gasgas style chain guard is superb in design to those "honda style" guards. it works very fine in a motocross or very light enduro usage but on a really "suomienduro" (finland style enduro) the roller fron gasgas is only way to go.

here they buy gasgas or husqvarna guards on every one honda,suzuki,kawasaki,ktm,beta,etc enduro to see racing.
The stocker can bend from a side impact. I know because I have done it!
The LTR style guide will support the bike and riders weight and take severe impacts from any direction.This is a good unit and very durable. I am an A level Enduro and Harescrambles racer and I have used the same guide for 3 complete Enduro and Harescrambles seasons and only replaced the wear block at the start of this season. Oh, but maybe the Enduros and Harescrambles here in Washington are nothing but Rainbows and pony's!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:39 PM

Hey Roscoe,
FYI - You don't need to replace the rub block on the XR chain guide very often and you can just flip it over... (to repeat the above - The LTR chain guide is actually a mount that allows you to use the super durable oem chain guide from an XR honda).

There is an advantage to a flexible plastic guide - it takes a hit and bounces back versus deforming and becoming a chain derailleur...

jeff

p.s. Everyone should know that I am completely biased towards LTR products as Les Tinius is my best friend!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Default chain guide

Is the 03 mc 250 guide any good ?
Seems very soft and flimsy