Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:55 AM

Thats ok Nate I almost had one but when it was known the frames wern't going to change I took a chance on the GG. I this point I couldn't be happier!

Old 08-18-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john01 View Post
Thats ok Nate I almost had one but when it was known the frames wern't going to change I took a chance on the GG. I this point I couldn't be happier!
Im right there with you, was realy hoping to see the new frame on the Husk. Im going to keep riding my 08 ec300 and might pick up a leftover 2010 gasser at the end of the year.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Anyone know what the 2011 US spec bikes are getting for a pipe? FMF Gnarly like previous years or the GG stamped pipe?

What pipe came on the 2010 bikes in the US anyway?

Are all the new bikes now getiing the Q Stealth silencer?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:42 PM

every pic ive seen on every gasser sight for 2011 has gasgas pipe with a q-stealth on them.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:23 PM

My 10 came with the GG stamped and FMF q-stealth.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:39 PM

I better chime in. (300) I have tried ALL of the pipes thanks to GoFasters. Here is how I would rate the power on them and I have ridden them all back to back.

The stocker (gas gas stamped on the side) It is probably the toughest pipe made for the gas gas. It is also by far the hardest hitting of all the pipes. It is a mostly low to mid pipe and has very little over rev. This is a wheelie pipe for sure.

The FMF is what FMF considers a fairly close copy of the Doma. You guys are correct. Pre 07 they were more of a knarly (low to mid pipe). The newer one is softer off the bottom but is smoother through out and has ok over rev.

The SPES is a one of my favorites. It is very soft off the bottom, very smooth through the middle, and revs out great on top.

The Doma, which is my favorite by far, is the smoothest from bottom to top with virtually no hit anywhere yet is revs higher than any other pipe I have tried to date (almost 125 like). Unfort. it is the made of a weak paper like product they pass as steel. I also, cannot find them anymore after mine got cut up by FMF.

Currently I have a sweet French pipe (Have no clue who makes it) and that seems to make very doma-like power. It seems fairly tough. The only problem with this pipe is it looks so cool I don't want to destroy it.

Keep in mind, these are all for a 300 with the head and carb done. I am not a fan of big hit and I think the 300's already have plenty of power of the bottom regardless of the exhaust. I am willing to trade low for top in order to make it as electric as possible.

Brian
Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 PM

Thanks for your input Brian. I think I keep the stocker for now and pick up an FMF when this one get banged up. Or I may see where to get a SPES pipe if I can find one.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

The 2010 Bikes have a different shape pipe on them , they have more ground clearance now , so the pipe has a tighter bend to it. FMF has the 2009 and 2010 listed as the same part # 02095 , i haven't tried my FMF that i have still from my 2009 , but i have been TOLD by another Nambo owner around here that they dont just bolt right on. The mounting tab on the lower front needs to be moved apparently. Like i said , i haven't tried it with mine. i do know that the pipe is quite a bit different now , as the Hyde for the 2009 bikes , which is what i have , had a huge gap under it , because of the shape change. I reduced the gap with a little heat gun work and my floor jack , but the gap was about 2 to 2 1/2" in places before i went to work on it. i have it down to about an inch now. Long story short , FMF has NOT made a new pipe for the 2010's YET , but they may fit on with a little work. I agree with the majority here tho , the GG pipe is outstanding and i wont change mine till i need too. Another thing to note , and this may be Nambo and TTX specific , but the tail end of the pipe where it goes under the Shock Reservoir is VERY VERY tight to the Reservoir with about 1/8 inch clearance from day one of the bike being new. Thats where im keeping my eye on after every ride to make sure the 2 don't touch. So far , no movement , even after a couple of good hard log crossing smacks. I love the Hyde far better than any Carbon Fibre , they are shovels , but they do work good

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve
Old 08-21-2010, 09:02 AM

I would have thought they fixed that. My 07 has a very tight clearance right there, in fact they are held apart by a thick piece of rubber.

Brian- post some pics of the cool french pipe. I agree that SPES pipe was sweet till I smashed it. I like the new FMF but hated the old one.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Can anyone confirm if the 2010 FMF gnarly has been remade for the 2010 300 bikes?

There is also a price difference of about $100 between an OEM pipe and the FMF. which means for the same money (almost) i can get an fmf and a p3 pipe guard

I ride a lot of tight technical climbs and am thinking of entering the roof of africa extreme enduro next year so am looking for a pipe that has good bottom end, should i be looking at the OEM pipe or the FMF?