Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:21 AM

Default Bash plate, damn & blast!

We live in Spain where the after sales for any bike let alone a Gas Gas is rubbish and I have had to resort to sending to Force Accesories in Australia for a bash plate to fit my Pampera 450 '07!! I got all excited when it came and went to fit it on the the bike and there is no instructions! There are only three parts, the plate itself and two small mounting plates, even a three year old can do a three piece jigsaw but I damned if I can see the proper way to fit it!
Anyone got any suggestions please (I am too late in life to have a child, let alone three year old so that's out of the question!)?

Regards
Boon

Old 03-27-2010, 06:02 AM

if it doesnt look that easy,you may try calling them?

it may just hook to the rear frame rails and bolt to the front rails with the plates inside the rails and the screws sandwiching the plate to the frame?
Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Yes I think a call would be best. Or e-mail at least.
Sorry for the obvious question, but are you sure it is made for the Pampera?
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 03-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

If the frame is the same as FSr with three screws holding original plastic plate then you should have gotten a B&B from Australia.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:38 AM

Cheers guys...

We have emailed them but the weekend is here so I expect the place to be close till Monday, and of course there is the time difference to us.

HuskDude.
I ordered one for the Pampera and they called Gas Gas who sait it was the right one, but you never know..

Cheers Boon
Old 03-28-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
if it doesnt look that easy,you may try calling them?

it may just hook to the rear frame rails and bolt to the front rails with the plates inside the rails and the screws sandwiching the plate to the frame?
Just tried what you suggested and we seem to be getting somewhere..

Laters
Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 AM

Update; the bash plate is fitted but with a longer bolt at the front than it was supplied with.
Question; even with my bolt modification the plate fits up snug to the frame, it was supplied with some sticky foam strips (which don't look as though they would last so I havn't put them on) is it OK for the bask plate to be so close (ie touching) the frame or does there have to be a gap however small, perhaps I ought to use the foam supplied to create the gap.

Regards Paul
Old 03-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The foam is to cut down on noise transfer from the bike to the plate, its not necassary.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Default parts and help

Hi Boon,
I live in Spain too (Tenerife) and it's amazing that a spanish manufacturer can't deliver parts to a customer in it's own country. I'm now going to use gas gas uk. Obviously they speak English and they claim to have almost every GG part in stock. They are very informed and helpful and shipping would only take a few days. I have spoken to them but not yet ordered from them although a friend has and was amazed that they are so fast compared to GG Spain. Where in Spain are you?