Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:23 PM

Default STIC Super Torque

Hi Gasgas members, just wondering if anyone has any experience with these http://www.sticsupertorque.com/index.html
Seems to be a lot of good reviews however I cant find anything about the altitude compensation. Some are saying that it adjusts for this. Anyone able to provide any insight??
thanks
Josh

Old 05-04-2018, 06:55 PM

Looks like one of the many gizmos that add air to the fuel vapour stream for better atomization. Mostly smoke in mirrors, but it might create a combination that helps some motors.

Just spend the money on gas and ride more.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

"Note:*due to the intense power created by the use of the STIC Max racing metering block, and Max STIC tube; the engine should be in good working order to withstand the STIC's tremendous increase in horsepower, torque, and acceleration. Due to intense torque increase; it recommended that you consider using a high pressure gear box lubricant such as "Oil Extreme." For your gear box protection, a two-ounce bottle of*Oil Extreme" will be included in each purchase of the STIC metering block that includes the STIC needle jet tube"

. . . Ok forgive me in advance; but only in America can they write such marketing bollocks.

The main testimonial is from a chap with a 25yr old carb. Replaced the bit that does all the metering and wears the most. Apparently it went better after. Go figure.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 05-05-2018, 02:30 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

There are only a handful of riders who use the full power of a modern 250/300 and most of them just jet the bike properly. The rest of us can live with a burble here and there so long as it is while we are out riding

I did a three day ride from sea level to 2000+m and didn’t change the jetting- it was only slightly fat on the third day but I was tired by then lol
Old 05-05-2018, 03:33 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Well, and hungover I hope.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 01-24-2019, 06:51 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I did install one of these STIC metering blocks in my big bore 327 and it is honestly the best change I have made to my GG in a very long time and IMO well worth the money. This is the post with more details on Thumpertalk.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...ad-stic-xc300/

I purchased my STIC metering block from HPR http://www.hpracedevelopment.com/ I assume the two companies are related as the dyno sheet for on the STIC SuperTorque site says HP Racie Develoment.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:56 AM

"The engine should be in good working order to withstand the STIC's tremendous increase in horsepower, torque, and acceleration."

Come on...if it really boosted power so much then surely all the factory team's riders would be using them...unless they're too frightened that their engines might not take the stress or the extra power might frighten their riders.

Save your money and concentrate on getting your carb setup.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:48 PM

I honestly should have started a new link in the carb section. This site has more links and videos. http://www.hpracedevelopment.com/sti...ing-block.html

That being said the STIC metering block does work! I attribute this to two issues. 1) I think it does a much better job of fuel atomization which allows the engine to more easily ignite and burn the fuel charge over a wider range of air fuel ratio. 2)Many older PWK carbs have worn needle jets which are not replaceable on the PWK. The needle jet is the metering orifice the tapered needle moves inside of and eventually wears over time.

I know how to jet a carb and I can honestly say this STIC made a noticeable difference across the board on my bike. Check out the Thumpertalk link and other STIC inks.

Last edited by Zman; 01-25-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:37 AM

This is the video that helped me decide to buy a STIC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv17qRAL1pI&t=29s
Old 04-27-2023, 02:13 AM

Default Owner

We are alive and well We invented the STIC metering Block for the Keihin PWK 38mm screw top (90mm) and the shorty (75mm). We are presently the carburetor of choice for the Jared Leshner YZ 250 that qualified for the final against the factory 450 four strokes. the first 250 two-strokes to do that in the last 16 years, the YZ 250 is presently producing +55 hp at the rear wheel, and it is running down the 450s. We have new products coming out this year. contact us at vortex@sticfuel.us. Contact me and I will respond to everyone.