Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky98gt View Post
Either way, I really hope they pull it together. There's been rumors swirling for several months now, and I haven't seen GasGas refute any of them yet, either via statement, or by action proving them wrong.
A clear and concise statement to us sure would be great, but to be fair we already get more info from GasGas than I've ever seen any other brand give. I'm sure everyone is working hard to deliver, and I'm sure the guys wearing red shirts know how important that is. Hopefully we see some answers soon.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:59 PM

Yeah they really need to get the 200, Ranger & GPs to market. I'm unsure what the hold up could be other than supplier issues? Surely they could put on more staff with Torrot's backing if the demand for bikes is there? Or source alternate suppliers even if costs were higher just to get bikes on showroom floors.
I really feel that if Beta goes with KYB(or Showa) &/or Sherco go KYB across the whole range they'll really hurt GG's inroads of the past 2 years.

Don't think I could handle another buyout/brand closure after the whole Italian Husky/KTM take over.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Yeah they really need to get the 200, Ranger & GPs to market. I'm unsure what the hold up could be other than supplier issues? Surely they could put on more staff with Torrot's backing if the demand for bikes is there? Or source alternate suppliers even if costs were higher just to get bikes on showroom floors.
I really feel that if Beta goes with KYB(or Showa) &/or Sherco go KYB across the whole range they'll really hurt GG's inroads of the past 2 years.

Don't think I could handle another buyout/brand closure after the whole Italian Husky/KTM take over.
It'll be 9 years I've dealt with this now.. I don't buy new bikes when they release cause I'm a cheapskate that waits for run outs.. so I don't care that they NEVERRRR release on time. For others it's a deal breaker.

It really is a double edged sword though. Any demand they create for the brand they seem to shoot themselves in the foot through lack of delivery. The dealers/distributers usually cop the flack, but I suspect the factory and shipment schedules are the weaker link.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

In saying that though, it must be a hard gig as well. Managing the budget, predicting and meeting demands, stocking etc, but then r&d on top. I mean even from this thread people are looking at 4T options, upgrades to the engine, capacity changes including smaller chassis for the small bores. It all takes time and dollars.. and can be a hard thing to invest in with a company that is in the recovery phase.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:44 AM

There is no way they could release that ranger to the market without a kick starter unless they find the cause of the estart not working.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have owned a dozen or so Gasgas bikes and still have 2 newer ones . I plan on getting one new bike a year till I cannot swing a leg over one . I bought a new Scorpa Factory 125 , and a new Beta 125 enduro . . Next year it will be another fresh Trials bike and 2021 will be a new enduro bike . That way I keep 4 fresh bikes at all times so if Gasgas gets bikes over here in 2020 it maybe my newest ride . The company seems to be haveing some problems time will tell
Old 03-08-2019, 10:18 PM

Wasn't the 200 delayed after the fire at the factory last year?
Old 03-09-2019, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred99999au View Post
Wasn't the 200 delayed after the fire at the factory last year?
They said the fire only caused minor problems, but as you can imagine that wasn't the truth.
Almost the whole 200 production or at least parts of it (frames? engines?) had been destroyed.

As far as it concerns the 2020 GP's, I have seen some riding already in the UK. If they were "real" 2020's and not just 2019's with 2020 plastics...
Old 03-09-2019, 03:06 AM

The UK importer has been fitting GP bling parts to standard 2019 ECs. The real GP bike aren't expected in the UK before June, if then.

He is now struggling to sell the 2019 bikes and has several in stock. No 200s or EC Rangers though.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Do you know what the importer thinks is the cause of the delay. Seems GG is going west again Not what I want to be honest...
Closed Thread