Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 02:02 PM

I didn't like to ask as when I last spoke to him I was returning my EC300 for a refund and he wasn't in the best of moods. He was complaining about failing sales and bikes in stock that he can't sell. I don't think that having mine back was making his day.

I know a few guys who bought KTM TPI models instead of ECs when poor sales made KTM UK drop the prices by 20% in November.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:45 PM

I don?t have a dog in this fight because I am not a GG owner, but I was thinking of buying 2020. It doesn?t make me feel good though about the brand when enduro as a sport is on fire and almost every brand is on fire as well but yet GG is not putting out product AND not being very clear on what the future holds.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:54 PM

I dont think things are going well at GG. No GP or 200s? How about no bikes coming to Canada at all? The parts back order lists are getting longer and longer every day.

The bikes arent selling in Canada thats for sure. My local dealer says he gets 50 inquiries on Betas for every 1 GG sales call.

I was told by someone in the trials industry that the reason that the 200 and GP bikes arent being produced is because suppliers like S3 and X-Trig will only ship parts to the GG Factory COD. No money - no parts.

I have a feeling that Torrot is sick of dumping money into GG.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:03 PM

Tons of rumor and no facts right now. We need to let it play out as only time will tell. Just unsubstantiated rumors floating around can really hurt a company's chances of succeeding. I really want them to do well.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 03-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
Tons of rumor and no facts right now. We need to let it play out as only time will tell. Just unsubstantiated rumors floating around can really hurt a company's chances of succeeding. I really want them to do well.
I second this! Unfortunately if the discussion is occurring here it's probably also happening on other social media platforms as well. It really is an aspect of the business that should/needs to be managed in this day and age.

It can be done simply, cheaply, and effectively through advertising campaigns online. It would be interesting to see how many people who bought 18/19 models are looking at going ahead into the next season on the same brand.

I suspect the slow sales times and poor return on used bikes could shy away the every/every other season riders. Most of us here appear to be tight arses who'll ride the same bike until it's not worth anything anymore! Or rich enough to not care
Old 03-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I second this! Unfortunately if the discussion is occurring here it's probably also happening on other social media platforms as well. It really is an aspect of the business that should/needs to be managed in this day and age.

It can be done simply, cheaply, and effectively through advertising campaigns online. It would be interesting to see how many people who bought 18/19 models are looking at going ahead into the next season on the same brand.

I suspect the slow sales times and poor return on used bikes could shy away the every/every other season riders. Most of us here appear to be tight arses who'll ride the same bike until it's not worth anything anymore! Or rich enough to not care
I'm putting myself on a "New Every Two" plan for my race enduro bikes from now on.. I fully intend to get a 2020 Gasser a year from now.. I'm working on a refresh of my '18 for the coming race season and its hard to believe how much abuse it's handled in one year.. I beat the ever-living snot out of this thing and its been near flawless. I'll gladly buy another as of right now.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
Agreed. This stuff is off putting even for a GG fan, imagine what it does to someone who?s just shopping. This kinda talk is what keeps me off this site. I?ve been on a GG for about 4-5 years now, 13 200 (260hr)and a 18 300 (140hr) When I?m in the real world (not on the internet) working on and riding none of this talk worries me. I haven?t had any issues getting parts I need. I?m just going to keep riding with a big smile on my face. ✌️
Old 03-12-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Most of us here appear to be tight arses who'll ride the same bike until it's not worth anything anymore!
Then rebuilding it.

Everybody needs a couple kids in college just to see how cheap they can be.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 03-12-2019, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

I'm locking this thread.

We go through this same cycle EVERY year.
Nothing is gained by it.
Closed Thread