Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andykr87 View Post
I changed out banjo's, swapped master cylinders, bled, rebled, bled again and nothing. Ive just had it with that set up. Its time for me to swap. I dont have anymore patients. This is the first bike ive owned that i couldnt do a nose wheelie on. I may give that guy a call if another system doesnt feel right
Maybe just change the master cylinder from a different bike may solve the issue? I would assume that all the nissin masters and calipers are made in Japan or at least in the same factory? I think I have a Brembo caliper from my 97' you can have it for the cost of shipping?

Old 10-01-2014, 12:10 PM

Maybe you have a bad master cylinder or an air leak somewhere that gets worse as the brakes heat up. I know that the rear brake line rubs a shiny spot on the back of the engine cases, so that might be a possible problem for the rear brake.

I have a 2011 300 with nissan calipers and oem brake pads, my front brake will throw you over the bars with one finger! My brakes are awesome. I hope you get yours sorted, getting hurt really sucks.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 10-01-2014, 12:54 PM

Thanks for the offer desert. Ive swapped MC's from a older yamaha abd barely got lever so i dont know. I vacuum bled them. I know back bleeding is supposed to be better but i dont have the stuff to do it. They did get worse as i rode somewhat. My 11 gassers brakes were great so thats why this really upsets me, especially since ive been in pain all day for the last three weeks and i missed the last national enduro.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the offer desert. Ive swapped MC's from a older yamaha abd barely got lever so i dont know. I vacuum bled them. I know back bleeding is supposed to be better but i dont have the stuff to do it. They did get worse as i rode somewhat. My 11 gassers brakes were great so thats why this really upsets me, especially since ive been in pain all day for the last three weeks and i missed the last national enduro.
Thats sucks that you got hurt that way. Take it easy, I hope you feel better. Somebody on the forum should have a solution to your problem.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 10-01-2014, 09:45 PM

Moto7msn i think this is my fix,
http://m.ebay.com/itm/151290630795?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

I need to check with my buddys bike, if it fits ill buy the whole deal and call it good.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:42 PM

Well the knee and ankle are 90% and im done deer hunting so i looked into suzuki brakes saturday. New rmz brakes go right on the gasgas caliper mount. A straight swap for you guys that arent happy w you brakes souldnt be a problem. But heres the crazy part, my buddy had a problem with the brake bleeder on a factory suzuki back in the 2000's that caused a dnf. He said he over tightened it, causing the tip/sealing part of the bleeder to mushroom or deform. He had a new one so we took my bleeder out and wouldnt you know it, it looks funky. The hole that lets fluid/air through the bleed was oblong and after looking more im pretty sure the tip of the bleeder is slightly bent. I popped his bleeder in, 15min later i have brakes better than ever. I think someone from the factory over tightened the bleeder. The bike hasnt had good brakes from day one and once i popped it open trying to bleed them off and on they really started to turn south. I hope this help.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well the knee and ankle are 90% and im done deer hunting so i looked into suzuki brakes saturday. New rmz brakes go right on the gasgas caliper mount. A straight swap for you guys that arent happy w you brakes souldnt be a problem. But heres the crazy part, my buddy had a problem with the brake bleeder on a factory suzuki back in the 2000's that caused a dnf. He said he over tightened it, causing the tip/sealing part of the bleeder to mushroom or deform. He had a new one so we took my bleeder out and wouldnt you know it, it looks funky. The hole that lets fluid/air through the bleed was oblong and after looking more im pretty sure the tip of the bleeder is slightly bent. I popped his bleeder in, 15min later i have brakes better than ever. I think someone from the factory over tightened the bleeder. The bike hasnt had good brakes from day one and once i popped it open trying to bleed them off and on they really started to turn south. I hope this help.
Glad to hear you have found a fix.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that you are doing better, thanks for a very insightful post!

―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 11-26-2014, 06:54 AM

One of the weirdest fixes ive ever delt with. I figured if it happened to me there may be more out there so it needs to be known. Now i just got shed some lbs and get back into race shape for the nepg series.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Sumter! February!